All Topics / General Property / positive cash flow properties

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Profile photo of pjconnectedpjconnected
    @pjconnected

I’m just wondering about suburbs or towns with positive cashflow properties…..WHERE ARE THEY?????
    PJ[:I]

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

EVERYWHERE !

Good luck,

Del [:D]

Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

Very cute Del,[^]

At least give the guy a country to start looking in!

Cheers
    Leigh K[:D]

Investment unit for sale – includes a rental guarentee.

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi PJ

welcome to the forum

this is a bit of blatant self promotion but why not look at New Zealand. I gave up looking in Oz early in 2003. There are many opportunities in New Zealand.If you are in Victoria i challange you to find a house returning 10% ina town over 10,000 people I’m sure it can’t be done.

regards westan

I find +ve cashflow deals in New Zealand which I sell to other investors. To be on my database send an e-mail to [email protected]

Profile photo of Simon2Simon2
    @simon2

The mining towns are a option although there is a bit more risk involved, if there is a downturn in the industry there will be no one to rent your house. However 250 pwk isn’t bad for a $50 000 house. Oh yeah buy one on stumps incase you have to move it![^]

Profile photo of MalachiiMalachii
    Participant
    @malachii

Westan – I’m surprised at your comment – We just (2 weeks ago) bought a house in a town that is near the town where your wife wouldn’t let you buy in. It returns 11.25%. Not as good as it was a few years back but the house backs onto one of our other houses and we think we may be able to develop at a late date.

@westan

Malachii

well done thats a great return for that place. (i want mention the name in case you want to buy more)[;)]

yes it was my wife who didn’t want to buy there, i have no problems with the area. Up the road, next town, the properties i own if i was to buy them today would only show a 7% return, so you have done real well.[^]
    regards westan

I find +ve cashflow deals in New Zealand which I sell to other investors. To be on my database send an e-mail to [email protected]

Participant
    @malachii

Westan
    I had to laugh when I read on a previous post that your wife wouldn’t let you buy in that town. My wife still will not let me even read a page in a real estate section that is from that town. She’s been that way since we started investing in 1997 and prices then were a little(!!!) cheaper than they are now.

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

My wife does not want me to buy any more property. That’s harsh. I don’t think anyone can help.

LOL…I am serious.

Warm Regards

ChanDollars
    [Keep going, you’re on your way to financial freedom]

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

Hehe Chan, that’s tough when you’re addicted to buying properties. May be you can join Real Estate Anonymus.

But no, seriously, I am thinking myself that I’ll wait buying more properties after the one (only our 2nd) we are buying now and perhaps for a year (or 2 years) or so invest some money in may be a mortgage trust or property trust, or somewhere else.
    I don’t know much about that yet but am collecting some information about it.
    Anyone know where you can get good returns, I have found 9% so far. But there must be better returns than this…somewhere…out there???

I just want some guaranteed returns on some money (borrowed out of LOC) until the property market is going to boom again. Just want to find out if it’s worth it.

Chan, Maybe your wife will like the idea of having a little break and do something different to get reasonably good returns that are guaranteed, some people get a bit nervous when investing while the property market is flat or going to be flat soon.

Anyway, are we allowed to discuss property/mortgage trusts on this forum?
    [:)]It still has -kind of- to do with property investing and the money is only sitting in the trust waiting to be re-invested in property again, and I’m talking about unlisted investments so they’re not counted as shares…I think?
    Just tell me off if I should leave this topic alone on this forum.

But I’d like to discuss these investments as well, if not on this forum, does anyone know about another forum where you can discuss and learn about these things???
    Regards Chan!

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Well Chan you have got two choices.

Change your wife or change your hobby. [;)]

Or is the problem perhaps that everything is in your name ?

Pisces

Profile photo of PropertyGuruPropertyGuru
    Participant
    @propertyguru

I have opposite problem I guess I need some one to stop me buying..[:p]

Chan properties are in his and his wife name so that’s not the problem Pisces! [:)]

Cheers
    [:)]
    PropertyGuRu
    I want to be billionaire! [;)]

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

watch out Chan$…

… id be careful of your wife … you dont want her to stop you investing…

Cheers,
    sis

People 4get that by saving just $3 a day & investing it sensibly
    over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million

@westan

Hey Chan

i have a daugher aged 13 who complained that i spent too long on property stuff. Well last April she and her mother (my wife) went to europe for 5 weeks. she knows that she could never have done that on my old salary (couldn’t have paid for a 5 week travelcard in Melbourne).
    Funny she looks at property very differently now.
    Malachii did i mention in that post about an auction of 10 houses in that city in1997 ? if not i’ll tell the story again. by the way what price did you pay for your house to geta 11% return?
    regards westan

Participant
    @malachii

Westan
    $74000 and it is rented for $160 pw (4br – Owner in hurry to sell – we offered 30 day settle so he dropped his price – funny thing is we actually bid on this house almost 5 years ago and were the loosing bidder at $23500 – I didnt quite understand what I was doing back then – not sure I do now sometimes!!!). As I said not as good as we used to get but it joins one of our other properties and I guess some time in the future we are hoping to join the properties together and develop them in some way.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.