All Topics / Help Needed! / Buying with Brother

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of dane494dane494
    @dane494

HI,
    I live in Sydney but I am looking at purchasing properties with my brother in SA. I have the money for the properties and he is a Lic Builder in SA.
    The Question is, Sould I buy together with my brother
    or just pay him to work on my properties?

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

That depends on whether or not you guys are compatible in terms of investing. You should probably sit down and talk about your individual goals. If they conflict, then get him to work for you, but if they gel, you could probably come to an arrangement to invest together.

I would look at setting up some sort of trust to invest though, as it will make it easier if either of you want to get out in the future, and the other would like to hold on etc. etc.

Good legal, financial advice is always recommended.

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of woodsmanwoodsman
    @woodsman

My best friend and his borther do something very similar.. The brother is a builder (with his father) and they have invested/developed property together over the last few years. They also do it through a trust structure.

They are all very like minded and their goals are very much similar. I think if you & your borther have compatabile investment goals and can work together and share the workload, there are significant opportunities out there.

James

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.