All Topics / General Property / people with overseas properties

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of zac_moosezac_moose
    @zac_moose

Can anyone with an ip overseas please pm me as i have some questions to ask.

Thanks

censor me and bar your kids from the lessons I learned – makaveli
    I`ll make him an offer he can`t refuse – Vito Corleone

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

Why not post your questions, so we all can share.

Profile photo of zac_moosezac_moose
    @zac_moose

ok good idea,
    I was just wondering what the step by step processes you took for getting the property were. I have one i like and wanted people with personal experience to tell their story. My main questions are where it is, how you financed it, do you converti t to $aus etc. how yuo get paid rent etc. What are the main problems you have found with it?

Thanks in advance

censor me and bar your kids from the lessons I learned – makaveli
    I`ll make him an offer he can`t refuse – Vito Corleone

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi zac_moose,

we got some properties in some other countries… (no not NZ, but else were on another country) mainly same rules of how we borrow the money in australia and the legal side, everything is almost the same, just that because we have them as holidays homes and not as IP, no need for an accountant.

A main concern for some people can be, investing in other countries, well depend on a higher ratio ownership depending on the country, which could limit your ownership and control over the such property. But very much the same rules, though if it is an IP and generates income, you will still have to declare it on your australian taxable income.

Cheers,
    sis

People 4get that by saving just $3 a day & investing it sensibly
    over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.