All Topics / General Property / New Landlord

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of HHHHHH
    @hhh

Hi am a newbie.

I am about to rent out my first IP. I have been digging around and ther are quite a few forms involved, i.e inital application form, bond lodgement form, entry condition report etc etc.

Is there some sort of forms pack available for use in Queensland (or a generic one Aust Wide).

I don’t want to miss anything by coming up with my own.

thanks for your help [:)]

Profile photo of judijudi
    @judi

Hi Danw

For the bond lodgement, entry condition report etc, you can got to http://www.rta.qld.gov.au and print them off.

Steve has a product (Buyer Beware) that includes application forms for choosing a tenant. I’m sure there are other products that maybe someone else can point you towards.

Good luck

Judi

Profile photo of liverpoolharrykliverpoolharryk
    @liverpoolharryk

Danw

If you want, I do not mind putting a pack together for you, and sending it out with all the information and forms you will need. My email address is [email protected] send me a message with your details. I own a Real Estate Office here in Brisbane and will help you out as much as I can.

Jarrod
    Jarrod Lane Real Estate[^]

Profile photo of kalonikaloni
    @kaloni

I normaly prefer
    a PM to manage my IP’s
    But if you would like to manage them yourself
    an option is to get a PM to find you the tenant he would lodge all the forms in for you and do all the run around to find a tenant for you
    and I think for a weeks rent it is worth it than
    chaising everything yourself

Profile photo of HHHHHH
    @hhh

Thanks for the replies everyone[^]

I have taken Jarrod up on his offer.

Us newbies really appreciate all the help offered on this site.

Dan

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

I agree with what Kaloni said. Although I found the tenant, but I paid a PM to sign them up, do the inventory, and do the initial inspection.

Absolutely worth it.

Also, check out Suzi Bilosh’s book Aust Landlords Handbook – or something similar.

Cheers
    Mel

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.