All Topics / General Property / Melton Victoria

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of fjficmfjficm
    @fjficm

I am thinking of buying to stay in Melton. Anyone knows this area? Any info would be welcomed about what i would expect to pay for a standard 3 bedroom house and possibilty of future would be like

Thanks FJFICM

Profile photo of aussierogueaussierogue
    Participant
    @aussierogue

you might be on a winner in melton. new govt report talking about huge population growth in the next 10 years. currently you can get a half decent 3 bedroom house for 200-220 k.

wont be positive cashflow but i reckon its still a good investment..

Profile photo of pelicanpelican
    @pelican

FJFICM

If you do your homework and are patient, there is property there in the 160+ range…. that is, if you take yr time…..

Melton is a nice place to live, and, yes, it should be a good area in the future….

I used to live in Sydenham 25 years ago, and all we had around us were cows….. now the place is surburbia….. :p

Cheers

Scott

Pelican Investments
    http://www.pelican-invest.com

Profile photo of MinxiiMinxii
    @minxii

I just bought my first home in Melton South for $180k, 3 bedroom, split level with ducted heating. I was persuaded by all my workmates, most of whom live there. Its got a great V-line train service, Victoria University, shopping malls and pretty much everything you’d need. Its got a good country feel to it too (for the moment at least) [:)]

Minxi

Profile photo of fjficmfjficm
    @fjficm

thanks for the tip
    i bought in melton
    about 700 m2 of flat land
    3 bedrooms ensuite and semi-ensuite
    15 square house
    garage
    19 yo
    5 mins walk to Vic Uni
    Rented by good tennants for 2 years – no problems watsoever, house is 2X cleaner/more immaculate than mine(definately better carpets)
    all for just $156000
    probably will live there after 15 years or so to enjoy some rural respite
    so thanks for advice, i love this place……..for now

Profile photo of Rob28Rob28
    Participant
    @rob28

I would be a bit concerned regarding the capital growth in the area. There is plenty of flat land available for development and this will limit the growth in property values.
    I think that this is a problem with Melbourne generally – developments in North, West and South East.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.