All Topics / Forum Frolic / PERTH’S HEAT !

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Was SO hot in Perth the other day Western Power decreed they would “fine” people putting the airconditioners on during the day $1000..

Ludicrous.. A tip to Western Power, the heat, it happens every FEBUARY guy’s !

It was so hot the farmers here fed the chooks ice cubes so they didn’t lay hard boiled eggs.

People developed a morbid ‘fear’ of cars with metal door handles.

Cows started giving evaporated milk.

You started sweating at 630am.

A forecast of 35 degrees made you look for warm clothing.

sleeping in the car overnight with the airconditioner running seemed like a good idea..

[}:)]the weather in the Jungle today, hot and steamy, which is fine when your with a woman, but no good iun the jungle[}:)] -Robiun Williams “Good morning Vietnam

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”

Profile photo of BronBron
    Participant
    @bron

Redwing,

You guys have had it hot over there too!

I’ve developed some strange fears from the heat too…. But we wont go there! Just to get our mind on something cool… I have a fear of cars with metal handles in Winter. Static electricity loves me. On windy winter days I can get zapped getting into the car up to my elbow or sometimes my shoulder. Ouch! MMmm, the static thing makes me a bit nervous now I think about it as I tap away with my sweaty paws on this keyboard! If you never hear from me again, assume I’ve been Zapped!

BTW, you gotta love Robin Williams in GM Vietnam. Good CD too!

Cheers
    Bron

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

I had lunch with Julian the other day. It was a hot day and he asked me whether I would like some water.

I said ‘Yes please’.

So he came back with a cup of HOT water.

Well, Julian comes from a different culture so, not wanting to appear impolite or troublesome, I didn’t comment and just put up and shut up and drank the (hot) water.

I finished up having another couple of cups as I actually did find that it did lessen my thirst and (I think) had a cooling effect on me. [:o)]

So can I suggest, Bear, that you try this ?
    (Yes, I do make jokes sometimes but I am deadly serious in this post Bear).

If you still have doubts Bear I suggest that you try it out on the chickens first by giving them hot water instead of icecubes [:D]

Pisces

Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964

yes Picses, i have heard that also, just like having a hot shower with sunburn seems silly, however it does take the sting out of it after the shower. I hear tomatoes are good for sunburn to. [^]

Regards Bear

POSITVE CASHFLOW properties and Joint Ventures available!
    For the BEST deals register via E-mail [email protected]
    DONT MISS OUT!!!!!

Participant
    @bron

MMMMmmmmm…….Handy Home Hints. A new thread?

Cheers
    Bron

Profile photo of KewlDudeKewlDude
    @kewldude

Hi ya Redwing!!!

How you doing???

Agreed!! What’s up with Western Power?????

Since this happens for a few days every February – a little forward planning on their part surely wouldn’t go astray!!!

Cheers
    Kym

Participant
    @bron

The electrician I had around today commented on Western Power. Very simple. It’s private enterprise! Govt funded electricity can plan years ahead and run at a loss for a while after a big injection of funds to cope with future demand. Private enterprise just doesn’t have that sort of budget! Or strategy!

Go solar! Go wind power! Sell back to the grid! Be self reliant! Or perhaps go for a swim!

Cheers
    Bron

@kewldude

I’ll take the “go for a swim” option!!!!

[8D]

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Eat a frozen ChocMilk in a bath of cold water..[8] KEWL very KEWL

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”

@kewldude

Ha Ha Redwing – i like your style!!!!

[8D][8D]

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.