All Topics / Finance / Construction Finance

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of woodsmanwoodsman
    @woodsman

Have just started to examine the possibility with my parents to develop the land in which their PPOR is on.

Essentially, the plan would be to demolish and build 2 townhouses, rent one out whilst they would live in the other.

Very rough numbers would be $500k to demoilsh and build 2 town houses, whilst the approx. value of townhouses would be in the vicinity of $550k each.

With construction finance, what sort of money is required to be put up front. 10, 20, 30%, more?? How does this vary with standard finance. Do financiers take into account completed valuation of 2 properties.

Any information to kick start my knowledge in this area would be great.

Thanks – James

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Lenders do consider completed values.

Do they currently own the existing land? If so there may be no need for any deposit.

If not you would be best with a 20% loan however less is possible with LMI.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of woodsmanwoodsman
    @woodsman

Yes, they own the land. Any recommended web-sites/contacts where I might be able to get more information on development/construction finance.

James

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

If they own the land then you wont need a deposit.

Construction finance is just like normal loans except the bank releases the money to the builder at set stages after inspections.

Just talk to a broker and you will find it is very straightforward to set up.

cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of woodsmanwoodsman
    @woodsman
    Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

So what is the property worth as is ?

Sometimes it is possible to subdivide the existing house into two apartments and strata title them.

Is there room to retain the existing dwelling and just build a second dwelling ?

Is the existing house a brick house or what ?

I assume that the zoning allows either flats or Dual Occupancy ?

Pisces

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.