All Topics / Forum Frolic / HOT! HOT! HOT!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Profile photo of BronBron
    Participant
    @bron

Can anyone think of a way to sit in the bathtub (Full!! Cold Water!!) while using a laptop?

It is so hot up here on the Sunshine Coast the bathtub is the only place to be, or the pool if you’re lucky enough to have one! Saturday and Sunday are supposed to be 41 !! No, this is NOT the same as 41 in Melbourne or Sydney!! Humidity is not my friend!

Bron

Profile photo of KenshinKenshin
    @kenshin

Hahah looks like u wanan be on the forum while enjoyin a nice cool bath. I would suggest puttin a table that can steadily hold over your bath tub.. with the AC adaptor and telephone/network cable attached along side of ur wall. u can sticky tape it down or if u want it permit stabled it down. Though probably best to have the laptop without the ac adaptor in case IF the laptop falls.. u wont get a crazy light threatning shock hehe..
    Or safer way.. buy air con?
    [:D]

What I learnt yesterday, I know better for tommorrow – Dean

Profile photo of pelicanpelican
    @pelican

Try living on the equator (Singapore) where it’s 36c EVERY BLOODY DAY OF THE YEAR…… and HUMID…. [B)]

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Bron,

Setup your laptop, so that it just sits outside the bath tub, but change the screen resolution, so that images and text appear to look larger and use a wireless keyboard, this way… you dont damage your laptop and if anything goes wrong or gets damage… only your wireless keyboard will…

Cheers,
    sis

People 4get that by saving just $3 a day & investing it sensibly
    over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million

Profile photo of BronBron
    Participant
    @bron

OK Pelican! You win!!

Thanks Guys!! It wasn’t really too serious a question. My brain just gets a bit deep fried in this weather. It’s been going on for weeks…..MMMMMMmmmmmm, airconditioning!!

I do know I won’t be moving to Singapore in the near future though!

Stay cool!
    Bron

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Water and electric cables are a dangerous mix.

Pisces

Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964

A couple of weeks ago I was away sourcing properties, it was 45deg + every day and we were staying in a caravan with 5 kids for 5 days, and of course as well as working the kids wanted me to go fishing and crabbing with them also with a 2 k walk out to find crabs.

I got back with heat exhaustion, but Lynn wasn’t so lucky, she ended up with a bad case of heat stroke.

I remember a few years back we had about 3 weeks of non stop over 40deg days, and one day while I was working (Harley Tour) the rubber handle grips actually melted in my hands. Now that’s hot…..LOL

Regards Bear

POSITVE CASHFLOW properties and Joint Ventures available!
    For the BEST deals register via E-mail [email protected]
    DONT MISS OUT!!!!!

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

Bron,

If you sale one of your IPs then (latest technology) you can go out there buy water proof laptop.

COL

Warm Regards

ChanDollars
    [Keep going, you’re on your way to financial freedom]

Participant
    @bear1964

Hmmmmmmm now that would be good for when Chan purchases my new spa for me…..[}:)]

ROMFLMAO [^][:o)]

Regards Bear

DONT MISS OUT!!!!!

Keymaster
    @piadmin

Well I just think that Chan may possibly come at buying a spa for the other Bear, but for you ?

BTW if you have trouble keeping up with your children on a 2 km walk there is (was ?) a Yank running around Sydney demonstrating the type of shoes he sells.

He would for example get a grip on the back of a truck and keep up with the truck as it was driving along at a fair speed.

How did he do it ?

He has a pair of shoes which have a half moon shaped flexible kind of sole with springs above it connected to his shoes which allow him to move at a good speed.

If you really are concerned about running out of breath I can try to find him. [:)] (if I can catch him that is).

Pisces

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Well it may save you time getting to work (which means you can sleep in a bit longer [:o)].

I believe that he stands somewhere at Darling Harbour over the weekend.

He is (was ?) a wellknown personality around the city.
    I haven’t however seen anyone else wearing those shoes.

If you cannot locate him what about one of those scooters (which one sees around a lot ) ?

Pisces

Participant
    @bron

Chan$,

I guess you have to buy an IP before you can sell it!! (First one coming up soon!) We’re on Macs which both complicates things and make them easier at the same time. If I could afford a waterproof Mac it would probably pay the deposit on 2 IP’S!

Also, if I smile nicely, will you buy me a spa too? Just a small one would do!!

Bear,

Sad and hot story! I sympathize! Did you REALLY need to stay in the caravan? Makes a good story later on I guess! I hope you found an IP or 2 for all that effort! BTW, are all those kids yours?

Pisces,

Where can I get me some o’ them shoes?

For anyone else out there who’s feeling the heat, a friend gave me some good advice for the bathtub today….icecubes!!

Cheer All!
    Bron

Participant
    @bear1964

WOW those shoes sound cool, not sure how they would work walking in water tho.

Bron 4 kids are mine, one is Lynn’s

HEHEHE well here is another story how hopefully good things come from bad.

I have been in this house for 14 years, and have never been able to have a cold shower on a hot day. Had plumbers look at it b4 and was told the pipes just get too hot on the roof and nothing they can do about it. Well my hot water tank went on Friday and plumber said the way that the system was designed, on hot days the water boils over and the overflow went into the cold water system. He is in the process of putting in a new system at present, and although a nice cool change has come in, the timing could have been better, because for the 1st time I want hot water out of my cold taps and im not getting it ………PMSL. Its taking so long as with the cool change came rain which is also good, but the plumber needs to work in the roof and cant while raining or it will wet my ceiling ………..LOL…….. Looking forwards to cold baths and/or showers on hot days ……….ehehheeh

Regards Bear

DONT MISS OUT!!!!!

Keymaster
    @piadmin

>>Where can I get me some o’ them shoes?<<

‘Get’ ? You mean ‘Buy’ ?

I guess SIS may go and see whether he can find that guy.

Sis, he is a negro so perhaps not hard to spot.

Regards,

Jack

Participant
    @bron

Bear ,

Hopefully it won’t be long before the plumber can do his thing. It’s hard to knock the rain though. We could do with some more too. I don’t have an atlas handy to know exactly where you are in South Australia. But from what I hear about SA generally, you are fully entitled to very cold and very hot water! Hope you get to enjoy it! With all those kids you’d be lucky to even see the bathroom!

Pisces,

I think the shoes will have to go on the wishlist for now along with those cool little motorised sets of wheels, I don’t know what you call them. The ones with that “Back to the Future” look, that have 2 wheels beside each other, a little platform to stand on and a set of handle bars. I think when you lean forwards they go. They look tricky to drive but have some type of balancing thing built in and are apparently really hard to fall off! FUN! Do you get to see those around your part of the world?

Cheers
    Bron

Participant
    @bear1964

I’m in the northern metropolitan area of Adelaide, in an area Called Paralowie, 20 minute drive from city central. And yes we do get extremes here sometimes below 0 in winter mornings. As hot as 45 (in the shade) in summer.

Regards Bear

DONT MISS OUT!!!!!

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

Bear,

Firstly, I have to buy the spa for myself as at this stage I don’t have any.

Secondly, if you extremely nice to me then I might consider to buy you one….LOL…

Bron,

You just have to wait until the sun go down, and yes I am considering after the two spas is up and runing…….LOL

Warm Regards

ChanDollars
    [Keep going, you’re on your way to financial freedom]

Participant
    @bron

Oh well Chan$! I’ll just wait patiently! Winter is coming and I don’t mind a hot spa!

But the good news is the electrician installed the ceiling fans this morning! Hooray! The bad news is that the one installed in our bedroom doesn’t work and of course means that the place where we bought it has to find someone come out and replace it! But when!! Oh well. At least it’s cloudy and LOTS cooler today!

Cheers
    Bron

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.