All Topics / General Property / Question about reno

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of PenguinJrPenguinJr
    @penguinjr

Hi guys and girls,

I’m just wondering… you know how renovations can increase the value of a property by heaps and all, and it ‘may’ also increase the rent… What if there is already a tenant in there when you got the house?

Dont worry about renovation in that case then?

I’m just wondering cause i saw dolf de roos’ 101 ways of increasing the value of a property.

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Penguin,

You can’t really do much until the tenant is gone…

Also, you have to give a couple of months notice to increase the rent.

Best to leave reno’s until the tenant moves out.

Good luck,

Del

Profile photo of markpatricmarkpatric
    @markpatric

Depends on the market in a big way what you can make from renovations, it can be overated in the extreme.
    You can renovate partially while the tenants are there, I`ve done it and over the years I`ve painted many houses for landlords, interior and exterior with the tenant living there.
    You might have to leave bathroom, kitchen etc but exterior you can do a lot just give the tenants something in return for thier inconvenience, cheaper rent, even free rent for a week or two and make sure to give them good notice of when work starts etc.[^]
    Wilandel is right about the rent, they would not be happy with the inconvenience if the rent went up!.

Profile photo of PenguinJrPenguinJr
    @penguinjr

Hm.. good point guys =).
    win/win situation huh ^^, thanx.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.