All Topics / Help Needed! / Post Codes?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of russmargrussmarg
    @russmarg

My wife and I have been diligently doing our home work. We call a different mortgage broker everyday to find out the best loan for our needs. Today we came across someone who informed us that different post codes required different deposits. For example, Grafton, in NSW,requires a higher deposit than a coastal area. Forgive me for the question, but, Why? We couldn’t seem to get a straight answer out of the person on the phone, so I thought I would ask the experts. Thanks

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Basically it is to protect the lenders. They see some regional areas at higher risk of devaluing. To reduce this risk they require that they “own” a lesser amount of the property so if it has to be sold they have a greater chance of recovering this money.

You can reduce the minimum deposit with mortgage insurance however the mortgage insurers are also particular about the postcodes they lend to.

Hope this helps.

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of russmargrussmarg
    @russmarg

Thanks Simon…we have learned something new yet again. Appreciate the information…

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school
    Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Hi,

Sounds to me like you need to find a decent Mortgage Broker that you can trust.

Perhaps give one of the moderators on this site a call or email. They are here to help and are dealing with investors all the time.

Personally, I have used Stuart from Prosolution many times, and believe me, when the going gets tough, the tough get going…

Many Mortgage Brokers around, are not worth Sh*t!

Good luck,

Del

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.