All Topics / General Property / cheap info ?

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

James, explain what you mean by rah-rah merchant.
    Then maybe I can get my head around what you are against exactly. I went to Steve’s seminar (twice – like I said, I wanted to take my Dad-) and I wouldn’t call him a rah-rah merchant. But I want to see what your definition is.

Profile photo of james_2james_2
    @james_2
    Originally posted by MiniMogul:

James, explain what you mean by rah-rah merchant.
    Then maybe I can get my head around what you are against exactly. I went to Steve’s seminar (twice – like I said, I wanted to take my Dad-) and I wouldn’t call him a rah-rah merchant. But I want to see what your definition is.

I’m not calling Steve a rah-rah merchant – because he’s not. But Anthony Robbins is. I didn’t mean to offend anyone who thinks Anthoiny Robbins is money well spent, but he has a lot of literature out there that is much more cost effective that galavanting around the country to see him. Robbins is very american styled – lots of shouting, chanting, and fakeness. I think people who are spending thousands and thousands on seeing him are wasting their money.

My problem with Steve’s seminar is this:

For $1200 you pay to see him stand up and say the same stuff that is in his books/tapes/other literature. He’s not going to tell anyone anything different or some little secret that will make a difference. It’s all well and good that people learn better by actually physically watching someone, but at $1200 (not taking into account travel costs) i’d have to question if it’s a cost effective decision.

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Sorry James, I’m not interested in justifying myself to you, or explaining what I do or don’t do.

You have your opinion, and you’re welcome to do it. Having never ‘been there, done that’ I refuse to accept your opinion, but I am not going to try to convince you otherwise.

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of james_2james_2
    @james_2
    Originally posted by melbear:

Sorry James, I’m not interested in justifying myself to you, or explaining what I do or don’t do.

You have your opinion, and you’re welcome to do it. Having never ‘been there, done that’ I refuse to accept your opinion, but I am not going to try to convince you otherwise.

Cheers
    Mel

I wonder if you’re doing your own personalised little movement that you learnt from Anthony Robbins while you posted that?

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

OK, James, I geddit. What i got from the seminar that was not just Steve talking like in the tapes and which was not in the book (bearing in mind it was a 2 day seminar) was not only the experiential part and a tape of it to go over later, but MUCH more in depth than the book. A humungous folder of notes. The notes were equivalent of a book for each speaker who spoke. Time didn’t permit the speakers to be as in depth as the notes. But you couldn’t have got the notes if you hadn’t gone. Also all the speakers were so different, it showed that there were so many styles and ways of investing, not to mention ways and styles of creating great win/win deals. Not just steve, but the Reno Kings spoke, as did Guerilla Marketing dude whasshisname, as did Tony Barton on Lease options, as did Dave Bradley on buy and hold, as did
    the *special* guest who was so amazing.

gotta dash

Profile photo of markpatricmarkpatric
    @markpatric

I`m fine with paying $90 or so for a seminar or forking out for the odd book but no offense to anyone but my belief is these high priced kits seminars are a rip off and a complete joke.
    Someone said the expensive day long seminars are good for meeting other like minded investors, well I hope they are good for more than that, also I`m not too sure how much this would help you in reality, I couldn`t think of anything worse than being in a room full of rabid property investors, I`d rather watch paint dry, in fact criminals should be subjected to this, but ONLY the ones doing hard time!.[:D]
    One, two hours tops is my limit and I`m lookin` for the exit!.[8]

Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash
    I am very happy for those of you who could not have made your way in life without Steve’s help.Pay him to tell what you already mostly know if it makes it all easier for you.

James has got it right, that it is likely that we would “mostly” already know what is needed to invest in property after all it’s not rocket science!

However, our plan is to be successful at it and to own more than the average 2 or 3 properties, so learning the part that we didn’t already know will differentiate us from those that think they know all about property investing … and don’t!

The interesting thing about this forum is not knowing the true experience of those with strong opinions to support or expose their positions made here … we can all be men of mystery.

Cheers
    Leigh K[:D]

Investment unit for sale – includes a rental guarentee.

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.