All Topics / Help Needed! / Do buyer’s agents act for sellers?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of KewlDudeKewlDude
    @kewldude

Does anyone know whether or not a ‘buyer’s agent’ would work on behalf of somebody who wishes to sell their home??? The reason for asking is – I know of an elderly gentleman who needs to sell his home in Victoria to relocate to Perth to be with his family. I believe he has become uncertain as to the advise he has received from real estate agents & doesn’t know which direction to take, with regard to things like the selling price for his residence, legal documentation etc. I am in Perth, & do not know the local market well enough to adequately assist, nor am I available to sit with him & point him in the right direction with his docs. His family are concerned that he may not be able to deal with this issue adequately on his own & feel that he needs independent assistance / advise to help him achieve best possible outcome in this situation.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!!!

Cheers
    Kym

Profile photo of KewlDudeKewlDude
    @kewldude

Nobody has any comments at all????

[?]

Cheers
    Kym

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Kewl Dude, if the guy wants to know what his place is worth, either ask another couple of RE Agents, or shell out the $$ for an independent valuers report. Tell them it’s for selling purposes, and know that it will probably be a little conservative.

Also, put him in touch with a good solicitor who should be able to step him through what he needs to do. I’ve heard Lewis O’Brien mentioned for Melbourne, but don’t know of any others as I’m in Canberra.

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of KewlDudeKewlDude
    @kewldude

Mel – thanks

Muchly appriciated!

[:D]

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Buyers agents are just Real Estate agents acting in your behalf aren’t they ??

when i want a rough valuation, i get quotes from 3 different R/E agents and amitise them. also serach realestate.com for other same size, bedroom etc houses in the suburb, REIWA has good suburb profiles for PERTH maybe the same over East..??

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.