All Topics / Finance / Property Syndicate or Joint Venture?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of wrappackwrappack
    @wrappack

Following on from my recent post, can someone please educate me as to the difference between a syndicate, and a joint venture? I would assume a syndicate would have more members, and a JV would be more rigid and less fluid, but these are only guesses.

I checked out ASIC’s web site, which is full of legalese, and is utterlyincomprehensiblyverboselyoverstating what should be simple to understand. I also emailed them, and they stated no opinion, and sent me elsewhere!

Profile photo of Michael RMichael R
    @michael-r

The key difference is a “joint venture” is often the amalgamation of two or more active businesses, whereby a “syndicate” generally applies to the formation of a new entity for the purpose of raising and investing capital.

Definitions:

Joint Venture – the cooperation of two or more individuals or businesses in a specific enterprise, each agreeing to share profit, loss, and control – common when companies partner without having to merge.

Syndicate – a group of investors who act together when investing in a company or other entity.

Both are typically taxed as a partnership.

— Michael

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.