All Topics / General Property / commercial property questions

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of ctlctl
    Participant
    @ctl

hi everyone,

I have just come up with some more questions, thanks so much for all your help.

On what basis that a commercial property being evaluated ?

If it is on leased out, would a valuation from local council have any merit to the bank when considering lending ?

Thanks veyr much.

CT

CT

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

The interest rate is usually a bit higher than for a home.

I say ‘Usually’ though I have learned that it is possible to get similar rate as applies to residential.

The secret (if there is such a thing) doesn’t lie in the lender so much as in the approach to the lender.

Also, generally the length of the lease to the main tenant determines to a great extent the term of the loan.

With a bit of luck count on a 10 year loan term.

Pisces

Profile photo of ctlctl
    Participant
    @ctl

Hi Pieces,

Thanks very much for your input.

I think Steve mention (in 2002 newsletter) about he got a 80% LVR loan and and 25 years term for his first commercial property. does this exist anymore ?

CT

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

Yes, you can do this if you have equity in a residential property. You can use the residential property as security and borrow at a lower rate for a longer period of time. But its mainly based on the equity you have on the residential property.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Without considering other security, it may be possible to get 80% on a commercial property if it is a good deal in a good location. But generally 605 to 75% LVR.

Valuations would be done using comparable sales (if available) and would incorporate other things such as leased amount, length of lease left, any options to renew etc. Much more complicated and more costly than residental property valuations.

There is one prouct available with Citibank where they will lend based on the rental income from the security proeprty only. max 60% LVR.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of FrankYoungFrankYoung
    @frankyoung

isn’t using your home as security to buy commercial propery risky? ie compared to using your house to purchase a residential prperty. makes me think. any suggestions?

regards

frank young

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.