All Topics / General Property / Help! Beginner Investor.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of PenguinJrPenguinJr
    @penguinjr

Hi Guys and Girls!

I’m just starting to search for a potential property after reading steve’s book…

I’m currently looking at ‘Warialda’. Can anyone tell me anything about this place? Its in Western NSW.

The place looks deserted… I also cant find an economic profile on the place, what should I do?

Thanx in advance

Profile photo of crjcrj
    Participant
    @crj

Warialda is the headquarters of Yallaroi Shire. Not sure what the latest thinking is up there re local govt amalgamation, but they are talking about amalgamation with Bingara. It’s a service centre for the rural district around it.

http://www.warialda.communitytechnology.net.au/about_ctc/

will give you some information

There’s also a bit in an education dept report
    http://www.pub-ed-inquiry.org/reports/ final_reports/03/Ch7_34.html

relevant bit:
    The Warialda and Bingara Industry and Education Links Committee (WBIELC) is a unique organisation consisting of teacher, parent, student and community members from two towns 40 kilometres apart. The Committee oversees and facilitates the delivery of vocational education at Warialda High School. The high school has received state and national recognition for its vocational program during 2000 and 2001. Currently 40% of the senior school is involved in part-time traineeships. The school aims to have its graduates achieve the dual accreditation of an HSC and an industry-recognised qualification. Over the past three years the school has enjoyed a one hundred per cent success rate in having graduates gain university entrance, or TAFE continuance or full-time employment.

Since achieving this goal, the school and the WBIELC have progressed to the view that Warialda High School needs to take an active role in the education and training of the total communities within its drawing area (Warialda, Bingara, Gravesend, Coolatai, and other centres). The school conducts meetings with Yallaroi and Bingara Shire Councils and adult learning groups. There has been a shift of ownership of the curriculum towards a community service or demand orientation. This has result in strengthening links with TAFE. Currently, courses have broadened and are being delivered from Ballina, Armidale, Inverell, Tamworth, Moree, Coffs Harbour and South Australia TAFE. Classes can be formed largely with student members and supplemented with community members or vice versa.
    Associated with these initiatives, morale has lifted in the communities of Warialda and Bingara. The state and national awards received by the school and individual students have underlined the fact that quality education is available and that people from the local area can achieve high levels of success and fulfilment. Further, a positive mentality is forming within the vocational education ranks that obstacles do not block enthusiasm but rather, they invite creative solutions.

Warialda High School is now expected to assume a greater role in community renewal and building a sustainable community. Warialda and Bingara school sites are being seen as campuses for training as well as education to meet broad community needs. Currently meetings are being conducted between the school and Bingara Shire Council to facilitate the introduction of a theatre course, which is the catalyst for exploring the formation of a regional theatre company and the restoration of an art deco theatre. These initiatives are attracting the commendation of regional arts authorities and also have the potential to generate other courses and skills development, tourism and employment, and thereby help the local economy.

Meetings between the school, two shire councils, TAFE and health service representatives have identified the need for mature age and student training in aged care. The appropriate course, deliverer, modes of delivery and work placements are being negotiated. Other negotiations are taking place with education authorities and community agencies outside of the immediate district with a view to forming other productive partnerships, the extension of education and training options and enhanced opportunities that will retain youth within their communities. The school’s involvement in vocational education has increased the relevance of the curriculum for many students and contributed to their retention in the senior school. Their self-esteem has been raised and they leave school with employable skills and a sense of gratitude for the assistance they have been given. The expectation is that some will leave the area to gain further knowledge and skills and at a later date return to the environment that supported them in their youth.

The communities of Warialda and Bingara have been revitalised as individuals see opportunities for their educational needs being met, as they gain satisfaction in investing their time and energy in their youth and their future, and as momentum gathers for other projects and innovations to be considered.

The principal believes that the keys to success to this point have been:
    – the concept of the school as a learning community,
    – demand driven curriculum,
    – local solutions for local problems,
    – flexible delivery , and
    – effective partnerships.

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

What is that ?

Are you two on the Warialda Public Relations Committee ?

Nice try and effort guys,

Pisces

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=Warialda&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search&meta=cr%3DcountryAU

You just have to spent sometime searches for the informations you are looking for.

Warm Regards

ChanDollars
    [Keep going, you’re on your way to financial freedom]

Profile photo of PenguinJrPenguinJr
    @penguinjr

LOL… I needed to know about the area and he just gave me some information on it, that doesnt make us being the committee does it? [:p]

Thanx for the info crj and chan$.

I’ll search harder next time =).

Its just that I watched Texas Chain Massacre lately u noe .. haha

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.