All Topics / Finance / Sample and partners

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Dont foget guys  https://www.donotcall.gov.au is now supposedly up and running and takes effect in a couple of weeks.

If it doesnt crash it is worth registering yourself.

Any broker that is forced to use tele-marketing gives you an indication of the sort of business they run.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of seeker1978seeker1978
    @seeker1978

My father in law is buying his house through Sample and Partners, and he is feeling like they are trying to scam him.  I have read all your comments and i am beginning to understand how S&P work – and i can see what your writting is what they are doing to my father in law.  I see charges of 4k on his forms, but also they are taking his payments at times he isnt aware of them taking it.  He thought he paid morgage 1st of each month but money will go out before then, hell go shop and cant take goods home as account is overdrawn.  He does not understand why.  Im still trying to work out if its them or him, im new to home buying as iam a renter so this is all hard for me, but im trying my best to help him out.  Hoping people here can shed light on this for me or maybe others have experienced the same thing.  They also helped him in july pay out his wife when they divorced, the amount S&P decided to give her was quite high im wondering why they helped in a divorce matter.  SHe got 45k payout and walked.  He got the morgage which was 116k  back to 171k  plus he had to pay all the refinance costs and now his morgage which was b4 all the refinancing 810pm is now 1496pm  he is struggling and they are giving him no flexibility.  they took 1 months morgage 1st of month then sent letter saying taking fortnightly now and next payment due 14th.  Now he is panicking as he hasnt worked enough to meet their requirments so soon.  It seems to be in their favour only and he is goin downhill fast.  He rings them everyday and complains but it doesnt fix the situation.  Please does anyone have any advise to offer me, where can i seek more info on his rights with S&P?  He can not afford double payments – so does that mean he is in big trouble? should he sell and get out before he looses his house alltogether? confused and tired of father in law being so unhappy over buying a house.

Profile photo of meikameika
    @meika

HI Seeker,

The best advise I can give you and your father in law is to contact your credit legal centre. I don't know which state you are in but if you are in NSW contact the Consumer Credit Legal Centre where they will be more than happy to help you once you explain the situation. I have had dealings with Sample and Partners and we have struggled for some time now. We got had but are now trying to turn this negative into a positive. I would advise you to do something immediately before it gets further out of hand and to help make sure he doesn't lose everything.  There was something on Today Tonight about a month or so ago where a family with 4 young children had their home repossessed by S & P for making a payment 2 days late. Its not worth the risk.  GET LEGAL ADVISE IMMEDIATELY. 

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.