Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Profile photo of Prop16Prop16
    @prop16

[:D] I realy enjoy the comments here! It shows that we’re still human beings and not only IP maniacs.
    There’s a time to be serious and a time to have a little fun!

“There really is nothing more I can say”.

What about the chemistry? Not important???
    And due diligence that’s alwways so importand, Building Inspector report (= Doctor’s report) as well as Pest control report (= Lab’s report)??? [:)]
    Spotting fee, tax deductible? Or charge it back later from the lucky victim?

Prop16

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

>>What about the chemistry?<<

On a more serious note now :

I was only watching a program on that very subject a couple of nights ago.

Our behaviour has all got to do with hormones and spheremones.

Sometimes one hears about a mother who just abandons her baby. This is apparently caused by the lack of a particular hormone which is responsible for evoking motherly feelings in the mother.

Not having such hormone (or a not sufficiently high level of such hormone) in one’s bloodstream and the mother no longer has motherly feelings and can quite possibly act in a rather coldhearted fashion.

I know for example of a woman who had three chidren, the youngest just 1 year old or so. She was around 40 years old and abandoned her children because she ran off with a 22 year old boy (this is a true story).

When my wife mentioned to her that for heavens sake at the very least the youngest child needed its mother she just shrugged her shoulders and said the father could look after it.

The main reason i think was because the callous young man had told her that he was happy to go away with her but couldn’t be bothered about her children and in fact didn’t want them.

It is easy to condemn but we soon sober up the moment we realise that we are all in the same boat and are in fact on automatic pilot and that we are all acting the way we do because we have been programmed to respond to the release of some hormone in our body.

Frightening really.

I just remember that during the seventeenth century children were generally considered as a nuisance and, by our present standards, were in fact seriously neglected.

If the story about the hormones is factual (as I believe it is) perhaps it is our diet (or the availability of food) which is possibly the cause of the change in behaviour in our present society.

I remember also (reading about it that is) that at the beginning of the 1900’s six year old children were employed in the mines in the U.K., working 10 and 12 hour days (children were used because they were able to get into shallow spaces whereas grown ups couldn’t.

I was for example told that my grandmother, who was a waif, was being looked after by some distant family and in order to earn her keep the six year old had to work long hours standing in water to her chest collecting mussels. (that was around 1870).

Sorry guys to spoil your fun with sad stories.

Pisces

Profile photo of Prop16Prop16
    @prop16

Very interesting!

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

Swedes are the best

Keymaster
    @piadmin

‘Swedes’ as in vegetable ?

What do they do for you Mini (or, rather, for the man in one’s life) ?

Pisces

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

What about a guy (this was also on TV a while ago) who has the ‘problem’ of sleepwalking all night. During these sleepwalking periods he would thoroughly clean the house, like in scrubbing the kitchen and bathroom etc. Hehe you could just leave the dishes and never clean, coz this would all be magically been done during Mr Sheen’s nightly episodes. He wouldn’t remember any of it the next day.
    How about some guy with the same ‘problem’ (I dunno why they called it a problem[}:)])

Participant
    @minimogul

Swedes are a fine looking race of people. Great bone structure. Warriorlike and sturdy with great genes. They are amazing lovers. (Well, as anecdotal evidence based on one example, OK, take with a grain of salt. but my friend married to Swede says so too.) Very modern society and very egalitarian. All my partner’s sisters look like Julia Roberts, and all the brothers look like Mats Wilander. they have cool names like Bjorn, Gunvor, Lars, Mats, Erik, Oskar, My, Lasse, and stuff.

Yummy food, some very incredible berries over there with names like Lingon berry, Cloud berry. Cloudberry jam is quite incredible.

To sum up, if you have to have inlaws, Stockholm is as good a place as any to have them.! But visit them in Swedish summer, unless you really like -40 degrees.

The very bizarre thing is that every Swedish child I have ever seen has white blonde hair, even if they go dark later on and even if the parents have dark hair – like – black – or ginger or something. Very bizarre, there is a definite ‘Swedish gene’ and they are an incredible race. I know, I said that already…

As an english speaker if you know a bit of German you can decipher swedish as it seems a bit like combination of the two pronounced funny.
    They are also very comfortable naked. I mean, really. They’re not a prudish bunch.

Keymaster
    @piadmin

With the features as you describe them Mini I wouldn’t be surprised if they really came from outerspace originally. [:)]

That will also explain why their cars are as sturdy and reliable as they are even though they look like a bus (no offense anyone, I drive one myself).

Sturdy because they obviously have utilised their space technology to build a car as reliable as it is.

So what car does your Swedish friend drive Mini ?
    If it isn’t a Volvo then he would most likely be an imposter, despite his good looks.

Pisces

Keymaster
    @piadmin

Woof woof, if he, woof, is a Pisces then he is O.K.

Then again it also depends on what star sign you yourself are born under Mini.

Were you saying you speak swedish ?
    I thought you said earlier that he was your girl friend’s boyfriend !? (or have I got that wrong?)

Pisces

Keymaster
    @piadmin

There is only one thing wrong with Swedish men Minni.

It is unfortunate but I understand that they become impotent at a much earlier age than the average Australian man. [;)]

Pisces [:)]

Participant
    @minimogul

say wha….

I think it’s probably happening to the men that live in Sweden. All that lack of sunlight affects them and they have the highest use of anti-depressants in the world. A lot of them go to ‘sunlight therapy’ in winter. (dark almost the whole day.) I’m sure the statistics don’t apply to the ones who break out and move to Aussie.

i think they get Aussified.
    I’m very scientific with all my ‘i think’s’ aren’t I? (not.)!

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.