All Topics / General Property / advice needed on land 4 sale

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of elveselves
    @elves

Ok I need some help and I note that people have been talking about offers.

I am used to the other side, not this one.

I have a block of land for sale, want to free up some cash. Rural, with good views largish block. I have had three interested parties in last two days.

1) wants to offer the asking price subject to…soil test and searches and want to wait until wfie views it in a week, he might be keen to go up a notch.
    – real estate favours this person.

2) straight contract offer at asking price ready to sign tomorrow

3)offer but wants to sign later in the week.

Real estate will send me contracts to decide on…
    This a different thing to what I am used to, naturally I will always consider a higher amount [:D]

some think a bird in the hand…..

Ok rural, on a hill top, top end culdesac, views. Estate totally sold, last block sold today, mine last on offer, land scarcer. The reason why mine was last is I only listed not long ago, the others were well sold before I listed apart from 3 blocks, mine being a smaller one than the others, or shall I also add, er rougher…(not cleared) my price inbetween the others.

I guess I can see if they want to offer more…seems a bit unethical to me actually…not in a hurry top sell, but also dont want to mess people around..

thoughts anyone?

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

I’m with the agent.
    the market seems to be pricing your land higher than you priced it yourself. go with it! i say go for the higest offer with the conditions. Anyone spending money on inspections is serious, otherwise they wouldn’t bother. they are just doing due diligence as people should (but most don’t!) If it falls over, sounds like you won’t have any trouble selling it anyway at your original asking price.

cheers-
    mini

Profile photo of elveselves
    @elves

Thanks Mini
    I am all for searches and due diligence, what the 1st one wanted was for wife to view and like, that was his get out jail card…all she need say is no dont like.

No I wont have a problem selling it.

just dont knwo who to…lol

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Hi Elves

If you’re happy to sell at the price you listed, I would basically go with the offers in the order they were presented. Ie let the first guy’s wife have a look – but give him a deadline to decide. Let No. 2 know what is happening, and that they will have an answer on their offer by the day after that date. etc.

Cheers
    Mel

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.