All Topics / General Property / Trivia – No. 13

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss

How many of you have an IP with either a house number or unit number of 13? Just wondering whether renting it is any different ie: are tenants superstitous?

Wierd question I know, my latest IP is 13/13…..Street.

Fortune Favours the Bold.

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi Purple kiss

i think chinese consider the number 13 as lucky !!!!

i’m not superstitious so it would never bother me number 13. But enough perople are, so maybe it would effect saleability ?

Just looked up i’ve got 27 houses and none number 13 but 3 that are 15.

regards westan

I find +ve cashflow deals in New Zealand which I sell to other investors. To be on my database send an e-mail to [email protected]

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Hi Purplekiss,

We have one number 13, and one number 31.

We have had a few rough times with number 13 lately with a tenant in arrears, but it all worked out in the end! It’s amazing what the threat of being kicked out does..[}:)]

Bye,

Del

Profile photo of woodsmanwoodsman
    @woodsman

Purple Kiss,
    I purchased an OTP property a few years back and on each level there was no apartment number 4. So on the level that I purchased, level 10, there was no apt 1004. Apparently, number 4 is unlucky for the Chinese(??).

Depends on the nationality of your tenants, maybe number 8 if they are Chinese.

James

Profile photo of elveselves
    @elves

I beleive 8 is lucky and 13 is unlucky as is four, be that Chinese or Japanese (number for death)

@westan

I had a dream once with this number 7. It was flashing 7 7 7. The next morning i went and put a large amount of money on horse 7 in the 7th Race.
    Guess what.

yes, the horse came 7th

westan

I find +ve cashflow deals in New Zealand which I sell to other investors. To be on my database send an e-mail to [email protected]

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

For chinese people number 4 means death.

Lucky numbers are 1,3 and 8.

I cannot remember what exactly they signify.

Perhaps a chinese member can tell us ?

No, no, no, Chan cannot tell us as he told me he isn’t superstitious.

Well, not much. The fact is that most people claim they aren’t (superstitious), yet ………., many appear to have a healthy respect for numbers. (I guess that is ‘just in case’).

Many years ago a chinese got shot (and killed) on the doorstep of his house in Maroubra.

The house went to auction and the family didn’t know how to get rid of the (cursed ?, unlucky ?) house quickly enough.

Internally the house was very much decorated in a typical chinese style (lots of red wallpaper etc. on the walls etc – as you sometimes see in some chinese restaurants) and because of that was attractive to chinese homebuyers.

My friend found a chinese buyer from overseas who exchanged contracts.

After the buyer discovered the house’s history they walked away from the sale losing their 10% deposit.

I joked to my friend that he could make a lot of money by continuing to sell the property to unsuspecting chinese people coming from overseas and, after contracts were exchanged, disclosing what had happened.

That way he could obtain many lots of 10% deposits !!!

(He didn’t. The house eventually got sold to someone of another nationality).

Pisces

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

By the way, you will see many motorcar number plates with a preponderance of numbers like 1,3 and/or 8 in it.

If you draw near them you will almost certainly discover that the driver is chinese.

If you happen to have a friend in your car you can make a bet with him ‘I bet that the driver of that car in front of us is chinese.’

You will earn lots of free lunches that way.

Pisces

@westan

I’ve seen the way Chinese drive (i’ve got chinese friends) they need all the luck they can get.
    Pisces, in Victoria about 6 years ago there was a very publicised death of a toddler Jaiden leskie. the house in Moe that we was taken from went up for sale a few years after that and to my surprise sold for a very good price (for that time).
    My wife wouldn’t let me by houses in Moe because of her perception of the whole town, then they were 21k today they are over 90k[:(]

regards westan

westan

Profile photo of MelanieMelanie
    @melanie

I’d always believed that the Chinese lucky numbers were 2,6 & 8 with 2 representing you, 6 representing road and 8 representing prosperity, hence the combination representing your road to prosperity. I am part chinese but learnt this off an avid English horse race enthusiast who’d spent time in Hong Kong ….

Four is actually very good at the start of the no. eg 40 High Street, but not at the end, plus as per Pisces example it depends on the ‘history’ and hence energy of the place. Clear as muck [:I]

Happy investing!

[:)]
    Mel
    [email protected]

Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss

Well, just an update.

We had tenants move in within a week of settlement so I guess the number 13 didn’t concern them!

Regards
    PK

Profile photo of MyydralMyydral
    @myydral

Just to add to the confusion. I am currently in
    Malaysia for work. The apartment / condo I am staying in is 20 floors high. The lift buttons go like this:

1, 2, 3, 3A, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 12A, 12B, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 20.

Just my 2 sens ( malaysian ) worth! [smiling]

“Looking forward to the day when I can tell the boss where to go”

Profile photo of GramyreGramyre
    @gramyre

Numbers can make you money. I work for a multinational company that has many staff coming in from all parts of AP. The requests for rooms, houses and phone numbers with special numbers no longer suprises me.

$1.5m for mobile phone number

A deal for the number 135 8585 8585, which has a similar pronunciation in Chinese to ‘let me be rich, be rich, be rich, be rich,’ was completed this week after an exchange of some 70 bids, the Shanghai Daily reported.

http://news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,9295455%255E13762,00.html

I know I can, I know I can

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.