All Topics / General Property / +ve cashflow IP around Rocky/Townsville

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of skidaveskiskidaveski
    @skidaveski

What does everyone think about the towns around Townsville and Rockhampton for +ve cashflow properties? Would it be silly to think about anything here?

Similarly – is Roma a bad bad idea? [?]

Profile photo of motivatedmotivated
    @motivated

I did a lot of research on Rockhampton before I bought there. I have a lot of confidence in Rocky, even the flood areas as council has done a lot of work on the Fitzroy river to stop it flooding again. All the locals I spoke to are confident it won’t flood to that extreme ever again.

I think it would be hard to find +cash in Townsville and I have not researed Roma.

Profile photo of rx2_73rx2_73
    @rx2_73

Hi,

Last year I managed to find myself a +ve cashflow property in Townsville. It gross yields at 7.4%, which if anything works out only just +.

I went up there for a week, and done some serious house hunting and investigations into different suburbs and areas. Like in most cases the higher yielding properties are normally in the less desirable areas.

Townville I believe is a pretty good place to invest, with the military presence, a uni, and northern queensland major hospital. Thuringowa City which is literally next door to Townsville is also doing very with alot of new developments and money being poured in.

I also nearly bought a block of units up there yielding 12.3%, but some bugger beat me to the post!! One thing to bear in mind, there is a shortage of cheaper style accomodation :-) Still if you have with properties yielding at 7%ish, I still see them popping up… I think 6-7% is about the average now for up there…

Cheers

Rob

Profile photo of judijudi
    @judi

I recently bought in Rocky. I don’t think I’m silly, but one can never be sure. It’s cash flow +ve and although I didn’t do as much research as I could have at the time, on reflection I’m pretty happy with my decision.
    Judi

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.