All Topics / General Property / written offer sample form

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Profile photo of leonorleonor
    @leonor

Hi All,
    I’m just about to make an offer for a property, but would like to do it in writing.
    Has anybody got a sample of a written offer?
    Cheers,

Profile photo of leonorleonor
    @leonor

I guess not many people use written offers??? [8)]
    I suppose I’ll have to write my own [:(]
    If somebody out there has one, please get in touch…
    Thanks,

Leo

Profile photo of dvanedvane
    @dvane

There is one as part of the Due Diligence pack available for sale from this web site ( https://www.propertyinvesting.com/buyerbeware ). I received the pack a few days ago and I thought it was very well produced and if using the templates gets you out of a jam then well worth the money. 2 CD’s and a booklet.

I would just send the form to you but as it’s a “for sale” thing that’s probably not such a smart move [B)]
    I will say, however, that it set out things like:

• Dates things became effective
    • Dates things (like the offer) expired
    • When and how much money would change hands
    • Conditions that would void the offer such as the builder’s report or finance falling through

It was pretty straight forward without any obvious legalese.

Good Luck!

Profile photo of leonorleonor
    @leonor

Dear dvane,
    Thanks for the info.
    I’ve purchased the pack, Hope it helps!
    [:)]
    Leo

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

I also received the Buyers Beware pack on Friday.

I used the offer template yesterday (Monday) and my offer got accepted YES the first time I tried it out. If all goes well (inspections) this will be my 2nd property finally!
    I used to scribble offers on a ripped-off dingy-looking piece of paper, so a lot of improvement I’ve made already LOL[:o)]

I like the pack, it’s great!

Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss

The states are different again by the sounds of it…

Is the WA the only state where every RE agent has written “Offer and Acceptance” forms that you fill in? Do any other states do this? Just asking for interest sakes in case we ever venture interstate for IP’s.

PK

Fortune Favours the Bold.

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

PK, as far as I’m aware, it is only you guys that have the ‘Offer and Acceptance’ form. I had never heard of it until I read Craig Turnbull’s book!

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of peterppeterp
    @peterp

According to Lomas (How to Create an income for life, p 114)
    NT, WA and Qld have an offer and acceptance form. There are helpful paragraphs on purchasing properties in each state in the preceding pages of that book.

Don’t quote me on this, but I did read/hear somewhere that these forms can be obtained from newsagents, post offices or REA.

Or if you’ve already bought a place in one of those states, maybe some carful work with correction fluid and a photocopier (or scanner/printer) to produce a blank form might be in order!

Peter

Profile photo of DuncanDuncan
    @duncan

Hi
    I live in queensland. My purchases were made through a verbal offer initially followed by a contract. I have often wondered if all the offers were presented to the vendor. I suspect most offers never made it past the agent so I will be using a written offer in future.

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

hi guys,
    as you need a lawyer to buy property don’t you? well you do in NZ – and as a lot of them give you a fixed price anyway – why not talk with the lawyer before submitting the offer?
    I did that, and the lawyer helped me word the clauses exactly. I still run deals past him every single time.
    call me cautious, or sensible, but I say consult the professionals.

cheers-
    mini

Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Hi Guys

Well said Mini.

All REs in NZ use a standard form.
    One clause that should be added to NZ Sale and Purchase Forms if you are trying to buy an older house eg older than 40yrs should be subject to an Electrical Inspectors Report.
    Can’t be to careful regarding the wiring in an older house.

Regards

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.