All Topics / Finance / Remote property loan advice

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of MarksieMarksie
    @marksie

Hello, We have recently located a property in a rural area which is positively geared with good rental prospects. We contacted a mortgage broker about financing the property however they have stated that they will not lend the money using the investment property as security because of the location of the home (Rural location). They will lend the money to us if we extend our home loan using the equity in our house.

Should we be able to get a loan with a lender where the investemnt property is used as security or is this not possible? Our concern is that if we continue to purchase investment properties by extending our home loan, we will run out of equity and be unable to continue to buy any more properties.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

LISA MARKS

Profile photo of JulianJulian
    @julian

Hi Lisa,
    How many Financial brokers you have contacted?

Julain [8)]

Profile photo of crjcrj
    Participant
    @crj

Is there a bank or credit union where you are looking at buying? If so, that financial institution would probably lend for that location

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Drop me an email with the location and the postcode.

I have done many loans for small country towns before, however it will depend on a few things.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of Stuart WemyssStuart Wemyss
    @stuart-wemyss

If you are using a low doc it could be difficult. However, if you are using a full doc loan and only want 80% then you should be ok. For example, I know CBA will do 80% just about anywhere. I’m sure Mortgage Hunter will be able to help you.

Cheers

Stu

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Hi

To get an idea on borrowing capability for this area, check the postcode at http://www.pmigroup.com.au/LocationWizard.asp

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.