All Topics / Heads Up! / Seminar in march

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Hi BJ,

$990 is an absolute bargain if it stops you from making a huge mistake.

Pay the money, learn from Steve’s mistakes – the cheap way!!

I’ll bet that if his seminar was around in Steve’s early days, he would have gladly paid the money, rather than having to learn as he went along.

A lot of people become Seminar Junkies.[:o)]
    They go to seminar after seminar, always finding excuses for why now is not the right time to take action. Don’t let that happen to you.

Good luck, I’m sure you will find it very motivating and well worth the outlay.

Regards,

Del

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

I’ve been to Steve and Dave’s seminar twice.
    I don’t have time to write a long post right now (will later though) but let’s just say, I wouldn’t be here now with 3 IPs and can talk till the cows come home about RE, if I hadn’t gone to the seminar. Yes, I had read at least 10 books, and even bought CD recordings of seminars. but nothing beat the real thing, and in particular the cashflow positive thing. Seminars are experiential in a way you can’t ‘get’ by imagining, or not going. It was the thing that made me *take action*.

Not everyone needs a seminar to take action. but i did. I needed to know the tools to get the confidence to analyse my own deals and know what the risk was, if it was a good deal, to make me confident that i could go and buy property and wasn’t making a mistake on something that could ruin my life and make me worse off. Basically the seminar gave me an answer to all my fear questions – the what if this’s and the what if that’s.

During the seminar we learned about EVERY investing strategy and when to use it, but positive gearing buy and hold was the strategy that leapt out as being perfect for me to get me closer to my goals with absolutely no hardship to lifestyle – in fact an ever improving one just thanks to investing.

to sum up the seminar gave me 1) knowledge and 2) confidence that I can go out and do it. Solve any problem that comes across my path.

If you can’t decide if you need to go, I’d say…

if you’re still finding excuses about why you can’t invest, but you really want to, then go!! (or else stop making excuses, solve your problems, and get on with it!!)

cheers-
    Mini

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

You even became a tae kwon do expert mini !!!

Enjoy
    AD [:0)]
    (Andrew)

It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters in the end.

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

Ad, *shhhhh* you’ll spoil the surprise!!

cheers-
    mini

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Sometimes it is easy to make money. It is also easy to lose it.

The most important thing is to always keep an eye on the big picture and to learn to listen (and act) on your ‘gut feelings’.

Don’t let the fact that you are anxious to get started and buy something make you act in a hurry just as one’s fear shouldn’t prevent you from buying something.

The big quest is to buy something at the right kind of price.

Forget about people like Weston for example buying 50 houses or more per year. You are you and if you ‘only’ manage to buy one good buy a year don’t punish yourself as you are doing fine.

One good buy a year may produce more profit and less stress than buying ten houses at a so so price.

Pisces

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

some good responses[^]

I’d say the biggest step is ‘not’ wasting the money invested in the seminar.. make use of the Info and take the first step, spend time on this site and ‘ask questions’!

on another tangent, is investing in rural properties a ‘momentum’ strategy of investing.. i.e purchase a property for $70k,(min deposit and costs put in by you ) rented at $140 p/wk, the tenant signs up for 6mths, in the next few months ( before the six is up ) purchase another property ( assuming the same ) then another, and another..etc as your figures look good and the bank is happy to loan to you

suddenly thefirst property and the third have the tenants move out, it takes you a while to source new tenants, however due to the fact you have several properties, cash flow positive, these can cover the untenanted properties..

If you did not use the momentum strategy and just bought 1 or 3 properties, you would be finding it hard as your properties would be costing you..

[}:)][}:)]devils advocate.. real estate agents and rural property owners are aware of + gearing investors so advertise their properties in a decling area as cash flow positive, build in a years rent onto sale of property,state they will sign on for a years lease and advertise a cash flow positive investment for those who don’t conduct ‘due dilligence’

[8)]REDWING

Money is currency, like electricity, it has to have momentum to be benefical

“The man that thinks at 5o as he did when he was 20 has wasted 30 years of his life”

Profile photo of edgewiseedgewise
    @edgewise

Hi Guys! For those of you out there questioning whether to spend $990. I first went to Steve’s seminar back in May 2003 as a complete greenhorn but thought this property investing thing could be fun!!!
    What Steve said at the seminar made complete sense and it was presented in a down-to-earth understandable manner. By July, I was the proud owner of 1 positive cashflow property and am now the proud owner of 4 more.
    I would agree that if you go to the seminar and don’t take advantage of the information given then you are better off staying at home watching the footy. Save your $1000. However if you want to get out there and buy real estate then Steve’s way is a great way to start.

Profile photo of MarkEMarkE
    @marke

Sounds like a great start edgewise.

Do you mind me asking, or others how you manage to juggle working and looking for these positive geared properties?

I know you can find a lot out on the internet, but I would assume you took time off work to see those properties?

Is it time consuming?

– Mark

Profile photo of edgewiseedgewise
    @edgewise

Hi Mark! Yes it is time consuming. I do heaps of research on the net ie prices, rental market, general area, ring agents, etc and I’m fairly sure I’m going to find what I want before I pay a visit to the particular area. Research/due diligence is everything!!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.