All Topics / General Property / Steve McKnight Seminar – anyone going?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

There is a Steve McKnight Seminar to be held in Melbourne on Sat 13 Mar 2004

Anyone from this forum going?

Profile photo of bjb007bjb007
    Participant
    @bjb007

Absolutely! I went to the last one on Melbourne in November and it was great! The excellent thing I found is that his information keeps up to date with what’s happening in the market NOW. I need all the help I can get. Highly recommend it to anyone else too.[^]

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

Is it really worth spending another $1,000? Have you started property investing yet?

Have you not yet got experts you can speak to like accountants, lawyers, real estate agents, property managers?

Why do you need to listen to a motivational speaker again?

Participant
    @bjb007

I don’t see it as a motivational talk – I have plenty of motivation already.
    It’s like saying why read another book about property – you’ve read one! There is always something new to be learnt, something you didn’t quite get the first time you heard it or a new angle or investing strategy.
    I’m also just that type of person that thrives on input, I like to get everybody’s different angle and view on the whole property investing game.
    As for the cost, I’d rather spend money to save me money later on!
    Sure I’ve talked to other professional experts and I’m taking their advice at the moment to “sit tight” that the best deals are not too far around the corner.
    Hey, sure I’m a novice, haven’t wet my feet yet, but when I do, I’ll be confident I won’t stuff it up![:I]

@yack

How many at the Nov 2003 Seminar?

Participant
    @bjb007

About 200 in November, give or take. The one in March is limited to 120 though.
    I’d like to add too, Steve has said he will be addressing different subjects with a completely new workbook at this seminar. I’m not that dim that I need to sit through the same seminar twice![:p]

@yack

Interesting – the email I received yesterday told me the following –

P.S. At the time of writing we’ve fallen to just 110 places remaining. Seats are filling fast so book in quickly to avoid disappointment.

No-one has really responded to my post. Maybe $1,000 is a little too expensive for a one day seminar.

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Yak like yourself I too think it is a waste of money – for me.

That doesn’t however mean that it isn’t value for many other people.

A $ 1,000 fee for a seminar is, as far as seminars go,
    pretty reasonable.

Many people here may feel the desire or have the need to attend so don’t knock it.

On the other hand even just one new idea may well put ten of thousands of dollars in one’s pocket, even your pocket perhaps Yak.

Pisces

Profile photo of bluecatbluecat
    Participant
    @bluecat

I think a fee of $1000 for a seminar is fairly cheap but sometimes one can go to too many seminars without taking the action – action needs to come otherwise the seminar can be wated for the person involved

action is the key

cheers,
    bluecat

Do today what you want to do tomorrow

Profile photo of dvanedvane
    @dvane

Computer training in Sydney runs at an average of $600 per day and it’s generally accepted (in the circles I mix in, anyway) that if you pick up even one or two new things it’s been a pretty good course.

Given that training yourself to keep working for someone else isn’t ever really going to make you rich $1000 doesn’t seem too bad at all.

When’s the Sydney Seminar coming up?

Profile photo of ShusharShushar
    @shushar

I had a great time at the seminar in Sydney last year.

Learnt lots and came away with many ideas.

My problem is not just the seminar fee, but the flight down, accommodation & leaving the family for the weekend.

If I was in Melbourne, I wouldn’t hesitate to go again.

[:(]

Shushar

“All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney

Profile photo of PropertyGuruPropertyGuru
    Participant
    @propertyguru

Hi All,

I think it’s $1290 this time. According to me it’s very cheap if one doesn’t know much about the stuff.

But I don’t understand why people want to go again for the same seminar. Why don’t you go for other seminars if you are really want to learn more.[?][?]

Cheers
    [:)]
    PropertyGuRu
    I want to be billionaire! [;)]

Profile photo of ian_from_brisbaneian_from_brisbane
    @ian_from_brisbane

Yeah, I’d go if I lived in Melbourne… for $990 (off the internet) that’s a great price.

Profile photo of polly_shane29910polly_shane29910
    @polly_shane29910

Writng books and giving seminars@ $1000 a head sounds like a great sideline to property investment. Sure there a still some great investments to be found, but there are alot more people hungry to invest these days than there were back in 2001 when Steve started.Seminars are great motivational devices and there is always “hype” regardless of who gives them, call me a sceptic, but I too have been there and done that!

Profile photo of RiskyRisky
    @risky

My thoughts on it is As long as the person attending the seminar takes something home from the seminar enabling them to make money from that knowledge , makes its a win win deal for the person attending and the person giving the seminar.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken !

Profile photo of brucegrahambrucegraham
    Participant
    @brucegraham

G’day all,
    I loved S.McK’s comment “no tire kickers”. For a thousand dollars you would have too be a rich tire kicker.
    I’m mean and miserable, I wouldn’t spend that amount of money on any seminar.

bbruham.
    When will I earn, as much as I spend?

Profile photo of elveselves
    @elves

I too read the email, sometimes I want to go and learn things and I am sure I would. But I hate handing over my hard earnt money. To me even $10 can be a lot to lose.

I hum’d and Har’d about this before, and I am doing it again. Given that I have investments, I keep asking myself why? I know the answer for me, it is my insatiable quest to find ….to learn.

I guess I also ask myself why I feel that I can put more value on someone else’s info than my own…do I doubt myself so much? (no) So why do I want to go?

I dont know…so here I am procrastinating yet again…hmmmn must be the fee I cant hand over.

120 people is a large group, at even $1000 a pop, it is a lot of people, not even talking money here. Gee we didnt even get those sizes in UNI lectures.

I heard anything over 12 in a group limited your learning….

oh gee my dilema again to go or not to go….

Elves

Profile photo of wewannabuyhouseswewannabuyhouses
    @wewannabuyhouses

Hi little elves!!
    The first Property Seminar I attended cost me $4000 and I dreaded paying out that much money to anyone when I could least afford it! However, I went! That was 3 and a half years ago and at the time we had 3 properties, our home, a weekender and a block of land. We still have all three as well as 5 more as rentals. Our loans total $894k and the propertie are now worth $1,577,500 as of December. We value everything once a year now. My wife and I have spent about $15k on seminars and books and tapes/cd’s etc and while we learnt heaps from them all we learnt how to go out and do it for real! We are now only limited by our belief system! If you want to be rich learn from and listen to rich people. It is money well spent. Don’t know if I will be there as I’m going to the states in March. Spend the money………

Profile photo of elveselves
    @elves

hi “wewannabuy”

ok Elves- little? lol, I should have called myself gigantor. Just joking.

I dont have many properties, three I consider my own, three I rent out among other investments. My loans are less, but three properties dont produce income so I am in the process of changing this. My equity is more given my slackness in not using the funds for income producing assets….hehehehehe though I have done nicely from them in terms of growth. (far outweighs income aspect)

Ok, well right at this point of my changes in structure, I wont be going to the seminar. As for you Wannabuys…enjoy the Trip.

I have been to many places….don’t give me the travel bug![:(] I would go again given the chance…*sigh*

Elves

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.