Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of Alexander2Alexander2
    Participant
    @alexander2

I have been doing some work for a developer recently by researching some areas in Tasmania…. Has anyone invested there yet (at all)??? what do you think about the growth in areas such as Swansea and along the east coast??

Profile photo of elveselves
    @elves

I know a few of my friends have moved from one city down to Tassie, they are happy as they have money left over.

Life is still slower in places, a bit like a time warp.
    The problem as I see Tassie, is the employment prospects, they arent exactly brimming. I guess for my friends it was a lifestyle choice.

cheers

Profile photo of bluecatbluecat
    Participant
    @bluecat

if you can handle everything being shut before 5pm then it is for you

[;)]

cheers,
    bluecat

Do today what you want to do tomorrow

Profile photo of Alexander2Alexander2
    Participant
    @alexander2

The employment point is quite relevant. I have based some of my desisions on tourist attractiona and holiday destination type places. I’ve found a lot of councils are re-zoning (re regulating) their suburbs due to development. Some areas are strictly agricultural and environmentally protected now… I think it’s good that they have caught some areas before they go too far.
    I haven’t done much on the +ve geared side of things does anybody have any experience in that regard??[;)]

Profile photo of elveselves
    @elves

do they have weekend trade yet? i forgot to ask
    used to close at 12 on sat

Profile photo of ANUBISANUBIS
    Participant
    @anubis

7 day trading has been in for a few years.

Swansea, Bicheno and the like have well and truly boomed. Very expensive now, with tiny rental markets (combined pop. of around 1500-2000).

Employment depends where you buy like anywhere, but if you are thinking it is an undiscovered investors paradise you are 2 years too late.

You may find +ve geared in housing commission areas but apart form that it will require some serious searching.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.