All Topics / General Property / Unconfirmed Rumor

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Profile photo of CornelBassonCornelBasson
    Participant
    @cornelbasson

Hi Guys……I heard a rumor that in 2010 Disney Land Australia will be opening between Logan and The Gold Coast….prob near Dreamworld and Movie world….does anyone know anything about this. Imagine what it will do to properties in that area $$$[:D]

Profile photo of markpatricmarkpatric
    @markpatric

Wouldn`t surprise me at all, and it would lift prices although they will not need much help, Queensland will become the leader in house prices over the next ten yrs imo…why is obvious!.
    Coomera is a great spot and to anyone from Brisbane/Gold Coast it`s been obvious for a long time it will go ahead due to where it is and the availability of land etc.
    Really great acreage around there also.

Profile photo of brent2brent2
    Participant
    @brent2

Hi all,

Prices have already gone through the roof there. Brother in law bought 3 Bd unit across the road from Movie world off siganto dr and he is laughing all the way to the bank. I think more than doubled in 2 years, we looked at unit across the road for $78000, but couldnt due to restrained finances ( baby ) at the time . Doooooooooh

Brent2

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

If it was true you’d be goofy to miss out [:D]

It would surprise me if it was true as there aren’t the numbers to support a disneyland in QLD even with the tourists (i maybe wrong) but eurodisney in Paris struggled even though it was the only disney in all of Europe.
    even if its not true SE Qld should continue to grow long term i would think.

westan

I find +ve cashflow deals in New Zealand which I sell to other investors. To be on my database send an e-mail to [email protected]

Profile photo of bluecatbluecat
    Participant
    @bluecat

Hi,

Even the rumour is enough to send prices up again for a while – these sort of things are done periodicial

cheers,
    bluecat

Do today what you want to do tomorrow

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

westan said:

“eurodisney in Paris struggled even though it was the only disney in all of Europe.”

hehe. Paris needs a disney like a fish needs a bicycle. Can you really see Paris with a disney??

kay henry

Participant
    @bluecat

Hi,

it probably doesn’t make sense but it seems to work – it was full when i went there

maybe
    cheers,
    bluecat

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

Yeah its like the rumor that Tom Crusie and Nicole Kidman were going to buy a house in Frankston on Olivers Hill overlooking the Bay.

All they did was stay in a friends house for a weekend. But the prices on Olivers Hill and the surrounding area have gone ballistic.

Participant
    @bluecat

do we know where they are thinking of buying next?

cheers,
    bluecat

@yack

BlueCat

I am not sure if you have heard. But they have split up now.

Profile photo of HousesOnlyHousesOnly
    Participant
    @housesonly

Apparently they are getting back together again and looking for a place in Brisbane (southside near where I live).

I couldnt help myself![:p]

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

I’m told they were scouting Rockhampton for a place on the Fitzroy River…

@yack

Yeah, I heard near MovieWorld. [:)]

Profile photo of Buzz LightyearBuzz Lightyear
    Participant
    @buzz-lightyear

Rumour has it that they were in the South Melbourne McDonalds…Oh sorry, that was Elvis!

James

Profile photo of CornelBassonCornelBasson
    Participant
    @cornelbasson

It’s prob not true though….but I will be keeping a close eye on that for if it does become true….just though I would see if anyone has heard anything about this or not??

Profile photo of elveselves
    @elves

anything is possible
    Last time I went to disneyland I was disappointed..
    and I dont go near dreamworld or those places now, I feel they are too pricy. My mum went not long ago and she said never agin, nothng like when it first opened (dream world)

Coomer has boombed, I wanted to buy a year ago, but as I mentioned before, didnt partly because real estate thought I was a tyre kicker, I bought three places elsewhere and Im happy with those.

I was also going to buy in a new estate not far from helensvale, now that would have made me a mint. block was 120 I think and a house about 150, now selling for 500ish

anyway, we dont always have the funds, or the time, actually timing is everything dont you think?

If disney came to QLD….I wouldnt go.

Profile photo of MelanieMelanie
    @melanie

Love a good themepark but with the other two popping in and out of receivership over the last 10+ years can’t really see it …. although I’d be the first one through the gate if it did!

I have family living in Yatala and they bought several land parcels between there and the Gold Coast in 1985 and have watched it’s value go through the roof. Shame they stopped buying because I think it’ll see huge growth over the next 10+ years, I just hope the new estates don’t devalue the older estates too much, although that certainly hasn’t happened so far.

[:)]
    Mel
    [email protected]

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

I’ve also heard a rumour that, building on the growing tourist entertainment $$$ up that way, they’re building a ‘Scratch your Arse World’.

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

…with Itchi and Scratchy as the main characters!!!

Profile photo of sunshinesunshine
    @sunshine

The old disney rumour has been around for at least three years now and it was disputed an age ago for the fact stated somewhere above, that australia does not have the head count, local or otherwise to sustain something like disney…

But circumstances have led us to disney paris a few times and give me dreamworld anyday. Yeah, it did struggle and was rescued by a saudi prince (very fairytale!) and each time we have been there has been chokkas, but with two hour plus waits for every ride, me and the little one only managed 4 rides in the entire day! Stuff that! Go to Dreamworld or the likes and apart from school hols there are no queus. We managed 27 times on the scooby doo ride in one afternoon at movie world (Brilliant ride by the way!!!). So no, cant see it happening. Especially as Adventure world is supposed to be built this year in that area (eco-theme park). The council said no to snow world (thank goodness) and Dollys wild wild west may be happening after all, so the area will still be a total goer.
    cheers!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.