All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Brisbane Accountants/Lawyers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of KramerKramer
    @kramer

My wife and I have just moved to Brisbane and want to start cranking up some properties.
    Does anyone know of a good accountant and Lawyer in the Brisbane area (around Enoggera). Have realised the accountant is the key to a lot of this.
    It would be beneficial if they understand well Discretionary Trusts and Company structures.
    cheers
    K
    [email protected]
    [8D]

I’m Kramer
    Serenity Now!

Profile photo of JuliaJulia
    @julia

Kramer,

I am a QLD accountant about an hour north of you on Bribie Island Road. I have sent an article I have written on business structures to your e-mail address but please don’t take that as your only option. It all depends on your particular circumstances. There are also benefits in hold the properties in just joint names and a lot less overhead costs. An example of these benefits would be if you and your wife were in different tax brackets and the high income earner salary sacrificed all of the cashflow expenses of the property. As the otherwise deductible rule would apply no FBT is payable and it does not appear in the Reportable FBT box on the payg summary. Then each member of the couple just puts their share of the rental and depreciation in their tax returns and when the property is sold they split the CGT equally. This effective makes the property considerably negatively geared to the high income earner and possitively geared to the low income earner. Can save thousands in tax each year. http://www.bantacs.com.au has a calculator to work this out and a full explaination.

Julia

Profile photo of bluecatbluecat
    Participant
    @bluecat

Hi,

i used a lawyers in Cleveland – GM Lawyers – they were very good but not suer whether they are near you

[:)]

cheers,
    bluecat

Do today what you want to do tomorrow

Profile photo of KramerKramer
    @kramer

Thanks Julia and bluecat

Julia do have many clients in Brisbane – do you need to be close to an accountant. Bluecat I guess Cleveland is not that far. Will check it out.

cheers
    Kramer
    [8D]

I’m Kramer
    Serenity Now!

Profile photo of JuliaJulia
    @julia

Kramer,
    Being close enough to talk to your accountant in person at crucial times is important as that is the best way to communicate. But this may only happen once or twice a year. I have clients all over Australia as most of the time e-mail, post and phone work ok otherwise they like to be able to claim a deduction for a trip to the Sunshine Coast anyway.

Regardless of what you decide please make full use of our web site for booklets and twice monthly newflashes etc. http://www.bantacs.com.au

Julia

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.