All Topics / Help Needed! / Change property manager

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of HueyHuey
    Participant
    @huey

Hi All,

Would you please let me know when is the best time to change property managers The current lease will expire in 3 months. We have to give 1 month notice to the present property manager. Should we act now or wait until a month before the lease ends?

What step should I do to prevent future problems?

I also need a good property manager near Homebush, Inner West of Sydney.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

Huey

Profile photo of bluecatbluecat
    Participant
    @bluecat

Hi,

Breaking the chain sooner rather than later – if you get a new property manager before the lease expires they can get familiar with the property and help you out with suggestions, etc – rather than waiting till the end and then making the same mistakes again

just my two cents

cheers,
    bluecat

Do today what you want to do tomorrow

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Hey Huey

good to see you are back.

Check out your agreement with your PM. We found (to our horror) that the PM had put a clause in saying that we had to pay THEM two weeks rent for every property that currently had a fixed term lease. If this is the case with you, I would wait until a month to go, or at the end of the lease – and make sure they don’t sign up a new lease. Keep it month to month until you’ve changed managers.

If there is no penalty for getting out early, then go as soon as you want to.

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of HueyHuey
    Participant
    @huey

Thanks Melbear & Bluecat, I will check and proceed with the change-over before I feel sorry for the existing agent again.

Regards

Huey

PS. Hi Melbear, I was flat out with cleaning up the house to make room for my son’s family to move in. They’re already with us and settling down comfortably. Apart from that and the busy Christmas & 2 New Years celebrations we experienced some sad events.

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Hi Huey

Have sent you a PM.

Cheers
    Mel

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.