All Topics / General Property / Potential for growth just north of brisbane

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of blowieblowie
    Participant
    @blowie

hi all

Friend of mine who happens to be a real estate agent recently recommended a suburb about 25minutes north of brisbane called Deception Bay. Its is right next to Redcliffe, which has recently boomed. At present it is a high crime area, however there is a large number of subdivisions beginning to occur, suggesting a bit of a socioeconomic change. Does anybody have any info/experience with this area??? Does it sound like an area worth considering???

any help appreciated….
    cheers
    blowie

Money is an elastic resource, it can be created. Time is not.

Profile photo of RodCRodC
    @rodc

You’re right there’s a lot of development going on around Deception Bay. The council has done a lot to clean up the image of the area.

However you may have missed the boat though, prices have already gone up by up to 80% in the last couple of years. Rents haven’t really moved though, so +ve cashflow is unlikely.

regards,

Rod.

Profile photo of thefirstbrucethefirstbruce
    @thefirstbruce

Deception Bay happened at least a year ago.
    As has Beachmere and Bribie.
    Deception Bay used to be known as the Inala of the North.
    The demographic is still pretty bad down there. And it may take 10 years for things to change significantly.
    Personally, if you have to buy now, I’d go back towards the city or down to Wynnum Manly.

Bruce
    Mooloolaba, Qld

Profile photo of OztexsOztexs
    @oztexs

sounds like your looking to buy in the boom instead of the gloom. as RodC stated you may have missed the boat.

i am looking at areas further north betweem rockhampton and townsville, can anyone give any suggestions on these areas ??

@rodc

You’re right Bruce, I’m still kicking myself over one I didn’t grab on Bribie.

I’ve got a relative who bought a place at Beachmere about 2 years ago for about $60K, it’s just been sold for $225K.

Rod.

Profile photo of elveselves
    @elves

60k?
    lol then I will make you sick when I say my ex’s parents sold theirs for lewss than a third…
    ouch!

Profile photo of markpatricmarkpatric
    @markpatric

I say go for it Blowie!, I have the same opinion of the North of Brissie, especially if prices have only gone up by 80% in the last couple of years, that`s no where near the mark.[;)]

@rodc

I hope you’re right mark, my 80% was a conservative estimate. Many have gone up quite a bit more.

Rod.

Profile photo of abbeeabbee
    Participant
    @abbee

Sorry, but you have missed the boat.

I live in Deception Bay. Prices have tripled in the last 2 years.

It is a much nicer place to live now than it was a few years ago and it is getting better all the time.

abbee

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.