All Topics / General Property / Holiday house for me – THE GUILT

Viewing 2 posts - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

aussierogue

I like that idea of yours.

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

Hi guys,

If someone pulls out equity of one of their existing properties and buys down on the peninsula… an average to decent place in Blairgowrie costs 350k, a good one costs 400+. Rye and Tootgarook are cheaper… because Blairgowrie, Portsea and Sorrento have such good access to bay and ocean beaches, whereas they don’t.

IO on 350k at say, 6.2% is still over 21k per year you have to fork out to keep your place… if you get 6 weeks of rentals at 1000 per week, that’s still more than 15k a year you’ve got to come up with… if you can afford that good on you.

Yack, another note, a mate has a place at Lorne, the CG has been phenomenal, but he and many others down there struggled to rent their places out for the last couple of summers. I don’t know if it’s because they were asking too much or what… what I’m saying is, don’t rely on holiday rentals to justify your decision… it’s a great lifestyle thing… I thought it was 3 years ago, but I’ve changed my mind… different strokes for different folks I guess.

cheers
    r

Viewing 2 posts - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.