All Topics / General Property / Park Heath – Canberra

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of gtstewartgtstewart
    @gtstewart

Hi all, Just joined the forum, although I have spent some time reading all your posts! There’s some great discussions going on!

Anyway, I’m new to investing and am feeling a little out of my depth (migrated to Oz in Jul 03 (and loving it!!) so have lots of catching up to do!). I live in Canberra and have heard about Park Heath (www.parkheath.com.au), (I think they might be in Brisbane as well). They source properties to your requirements and charge for their services, much like a financial adviser. Has anyone heard of them, or used them? I see this as a way of entering the market whilst still green and although I will pay for their advice it could save me $$ in the long run.

I’d welcome any thoughts / advice.

Cheers,

Gordon

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Hi Gordon

Welcome to Aus and the forum.

I too am in Canberra, and hear this guy’s ad quite regularly. I have never used them though.

If you want education, check out the Canberra ‘seminars’ of investors club http://www.investclub.com.au, and also Wise Investment (a spin off of Investors Club – Jeanette Kelly is awesome[:)]) http://www.wiseinvestment.com.au (I think)

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of gtstewartgtstewart
    @gtstewart

Thanks Mel, I’ll check out those websites.

What do you make of this weather we’re having at the moment?! I was told Canberra was hot without the humidity – I’m dripping away here!! Not that I’m complaining, it is just such a treat to see the sun and blue sky every day!

Gordon

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

I thought it was horrid until I spoke to a friend in Wodonga – it’s 47 degrees there today.

For the first time ever (30 odd years) my parents are seriously considering installing evap cooling or air con at home. We’ve never had the need before, summer used to only last about a week!!

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of MalPMalP
    @malp

Global warming you think? Hmmm. I can’t imagine what it’s going to be like in 50-60 years… a 6 degree average increase in temperature, so the extremes will be even more harsh.

Profile photo of TzakiTzaki
    @tzaki

Melbear is correct, info mine the Wise Investment and Investors club seminars, especially the Wise ones they are GREAT[^]. I can vouch for Jeanette & Phil Kelly, I bough my 3 IP’s through them, 2 when they were with TIC and one after they split from TIC. Bought em for $150k to $160k and they are now worth $230k to $250k[:D] (one only after 1 year!). Wise also offers a property buyer’s service where you specify the type of property you are after and they find it for you! Both TIC and Wise are offering -ve geared properties at the moment, rents have not kept up with prices.

Wise appears to be concentrating on quality inner Brisbane townhouses, they stay away from appartment towers in general… too many of them.

Steve K

Steve Kerr

Opportunity knocks softly, listen carefully!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.