All Topics / Forum Frolic / Westan and Muppet’s Sport’s talk

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 109 total)
  • Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Westan, you have forgotten the Olyroos. They beat the Kiwis in their qualifiers for Athens – as muppet mentioned earlier.

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Hi Guys

The NZ Sevens won the final, beating Fiji 33-15.

Fiji had beaten Australia in the semi-final.

The NZ Softball Team is through to the World Cup final to be played on Sunday.

Regards

@muppet

Hi Guys

The Black Sox beat Canada in the final 9-5 to become the first team to win the World Softball Championship 3 times in a row.

Canada had beaten Australia in the semi-final 7-0.

Regards

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Well done to the Black socks in NZ winning back to back to back world softball championships , top effort.

Hey don’t only girls play soft ball in Australia. [8)]

anyway a good effort.

But what about those cricketers ,,, AWESOME[:D][8D][:D], iknow one Indian on theis forum. I Great effort by the Boys.

Now for the tally
    NZ 4 extra for the softball (yes they get 4 points even if it is a girls sport and it was men playing it ??? and it was a final so thats triple points 12

now i will add up the score later it’s getting too late for me to be bothered.

regards westan

I find +ve cashflow deals in New Zealand which I sell to other investors. To be on my database send an e-mail to [email protected]

@westan

Hello muppet and sports lovers

i here that the aussie girls beat the lovely kiwi girls in Cricket so thats a point to the aussies.

my tally
    Aus 8
    NZ 16 racing ahead after the softball win

Hey guys in oz did you know the world cup of softball was on ?? it’s played by Guys.
    it wass huge over in NZ. anyway Muppet if our star pitcher (trevor Chappel) was playing we would have won
    westan

I find +ve cashflow deals in New Zealand which I sell to other investors. To be on my database send an e-mail to [email protected]

@muppet

Hi Westan

As regards the ladies cricket – OUCH.

Super 12 starts soon. The Blues have steamrollered everyone in the warmup games.

Regards

@westan

Hi Muppet the Aussie girls were too good for the lasses from NZ again.

i was driving around with the family tonight, we boughtan icecream and went fora drive. we come across a touch footy competition there were hundreds of people playing. As an aussies rule boy this new sport (forme) touch footy looked fun.

Tally
    NZ 16
    Aust 9[:)]

PS watch out PG is heading your way[8]
    regards westan

@muppet

Hi Westan

Yes I know. I am expecting him at about 4am Sat morn.

We have a few towns to check out on Sat and then maybe Rotorua on Sunday.

Hoping to meet John Robinson.

Regards

@westan

What did you say 4am sat morning ??? what are you guys doing. why doesn’t he stay in Auckland overnight ??? Anyway PG welcome to NZ you must havejust arrived at the airport.

westan

@muppet

Hi Westan

Yep PG arrived at 4:12am actually. Brought the rain and the wind with him as well.

Looked at +CF properties in Mangakino, Arapuni, Karopiro, Whakamaru and in Huntly. With a bit of digging actually found a couple at 20% plus gross return.

Hell we covered some ground today.
    The rental car he had was a 2004 Nissan Primera. Could certainly scoot along. Didn’t see any speed cameras as we were going too fast.

Now he wants a list of the valuation people please.
    Can you email the list to me as soon as possible please.

Regards

@westan

WOW what a sensational start PG, you guys aren’t mucking around straight into it.

regards westan

Profile photo of RugbyfanRugbyfan
    @rugbyfan

Heres one for you:

Sydney Kings 120 beat NZ Breakers 104

[^][^][^]

‘Eat rich food, barbeque a yuppie’

@westan

Hi all

thanks Rugbyfan another point for the aussies.

hey can someone fill me in a bit. i’m invited to watch a game of Rugby at a new friends house here in New zealand on friday night. All i know is the game is against Brisbane ??? i assume “we” are the otago team ??? Can someone fill me in .and is it rubgy league or union and who is the better team of these teams , who will win ??? sorry i’m very uninteligent when it come to rugby (i’m into aussie rules).[:I]
    I got taught how to throw a Rugby ball yesterday and i educated these Kiwi’s how to kick an aussie rules ball.[:D]
    regards westan

@rugbyfan

Westan

The game is Rugby Union and the teams are Otago Highlanders and the Queensland Reds. This is the Super 12 competition in which there are 5 teams from NZ, three from Australia and four from Sth Africa.

The Reds have looked good in pre season form but they are missing a number of people that retired or went overseas last year. Otago are traditionally strong at home (except when they play the NSW Waratahs!). I expect Otago to win by 10 or so points.

You will enjoy it, and well done for going to a game of different football. Make sure you enjoy the warmth though because at the end of the Super 12 season, you may wish to decline an invitation. Otago can get pretty cold and windy in Autumn/winter. I think they still play at ‘The House of Pain’ ie. Carisbrook Park in Dunedin although Muppet may correct me here.

Have fun and

GO THE WARATAHS IN 2004

@westan

thanks rugby fan [8D]

now i’m an expert.[:D]

we aren’t actually going to the game just his house, but i would like to go, that stadium carrisbrook is only 500 meters for an IP i own in dunedin. i think i might have to go for the highlanders then.
    i spend half my time stiring up the locals but something serious like rugby i’d better be smart and go with them .
    i’m 39 years old and used to be fast, is touch rugby something an old timer could take up ? or will it kill me (touch is very popular down here in Balclutha).
    regards westan

@rugbyfan

Touch is fun, but you have to stretch and warm up properly before you play. Because it is fast and jerky, acceleration and deceleration quickly, it can lead to pulled muscles. Just ask me – I played it about three weeks ago on Manly Beach and I pulled my hamstring. I did not warm up properly (stoopid!).

It is a way of getting your anaerobic fitness up as opposed to aerobic. It won’t lose you much weight though if you are after that. You need to do slow steady exercise (aerobic).

Good luck and show those K1W1 what the Aussies can do.

@rugbyfan

BTW, the match is at Invercargill not Dunedin.

@westan

thanks again Rugby fan

lucky i wasn’t going to the game, i’d be 200km away [8]

regards westan

@rugbyfan

Yeah and 200km in New Zealand is like 2000km in Australia.

Have they replaced the steam engines in the South yet?

[:p][:p][:p]

@westan

What replace the steam engine it’s still new, they think the diesel engine is just a passing fad. They are actually hoping someone will invent an electric engine so when power is introduced they can look into the possibilities there.
    westan

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 109 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.