All Topics / Opinionated! / Neil JENMAN angel or devil?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 35 total)
  • Profile photo of wrappackwrappack
    @wrappack

Just like to start a very opinionated thread on Mr Neil Jenman by stating absolutely no opionion of him whatsoever.

Any starters?

(ps- cant wait for this one to get rolling!)

Profile photo of PropertyGuruPropertyGuru
    Participant
    @propertyguru

Yes he is jelous to every one and he is full time devil!

Cheers
    [:)]
    PropertyGuRu
    I want to be billionaire! [;)]

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

This exact topic was posted a few weeks ago- check the archives.

kay henry

Profile photo of wrappackwrappack
    @wrappack

Oops sorry Kay- have to explain how that came about. I had only ever posted in the vendor finance forum (where it was originally placed). It got moved here, and I posted a similar thread again, without checking the archives.
    My apologies, I did not realise this.
    Moderator, could you please remove this thread.

Thank you

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

I think Neil Jenman is on one side of the coin is devil where as the other is angel.

But he is more on promoting his system around Australia, but not really help other as what many people think.

This is just my opinion and I welcome your.

Warm Regards

ChanDollars
    [Keep going, you’re on your way to financial freedom]

Profile photo of aussierogueaussierogue
    Participant
    @aussierogue

i think in a market that is so heavily stacked in favour of the agent (what hope does a humble consumer have!!) we need a jenman for sure just to redress the balance a bit.

Profile photo of manofactionmanofaction
    @manofaction

aussierogue,

can you pls explain what you mean about the market being stacked in favour of the agent.

i dont really understand what you mean.

thanks

jb

Participant
    @aussierogue

hi manofaction.

its like when you enter IKEA to buy furniture. you go in through the front door with the purpose of buying a piece of furniture and 2 hours later you walk out with an entire bedroom suite, kitchen utensils. etc.

the fact that at ikea they make you walk past every single item b4 you get to the counter is not by chance. its a sophisticated marketing technique.

the marketers, the sales proffesionals etc. if your not in the business then you dont stand a chance.

same with realestaet agents. it is there business. they buy and sell homes everyday. they go on training courses. they know which buttons to press, what questions to ask and how to prey on yr insecurities.

it their job.

for the average joe you may buy and sell a house 1-2-3 times in your life. its not yr area of expertise, so be prepared to be manipulated!!!

the jenmans of this world give the average jo half a chance to make educated decisions.

Profile photo of teabagtedteabagted
    @teabagted

I personally found Neil Jenman’s book very helpful to avoid being ripped off. I also established a good working relationship with a Jenman agent. His advice has saved me money. He recently told me not to buy in his area at the moment. That’s honest advice for a guy who makes his living selling houses. He did admit that the subscription to Neil Jenman’s ethics training system is very expensive, however his company have been doing it for a while now and believe it’s worth it. Some other companies are starting to copy their ideas to keep up, raising the level of honesty, but ironically eroding their distinctiveness. Jenman’s system may have a use-by date. That is, if too many companies copy his ideas without subscribing to his system, it becomes too expensive and pointless for those who do. Neil Jenman has made himself very unpopular with wrappers by attacking wraps generally. I wasn’t thrilled about this, as I am trying to get into wrapping and have tried to maintain a high level of integrity my whole life, to the point where others thought me a fool. However, to be fair to Jenman, he may have suffered the same fate as many policemen. That is, he has seen so much corruption and lack of conscience among respectable looking people, he has become deeply cynical and tends to believe the worst.

teabagted

Profile photo of JacktarJacktar
    @jacktar

I have only just finished reading Jenman’s Real Estate mistakes and to tell you the truthm I thought the book was one of the best I have read so far in regards to Real Estate issues. If I hadn’t of read his book and sold a house blind, I would have lost thousands even tens of thousands of dollars.
    You get information from Jenman’s book that I haven’t read in any others so far. Sure the others briefly examine the ups and downs of working with an agent, but they don’t go into the nitty gritty.
    As for people asking if he is [}:)], why do you care? If you have made up your mind about him and have chosen to ignore his comments, don’t let it bother you. He is here to help people like you and me and just because you don’t believe in everything he believes in, ie wrapping, doesn’t make him an [}:)] man.
    I think some people are far to ready to criticise other people before looking at the bigger picture.
    Think about it people, Jenman is on our side!!!

Nothing else said!

Jack

Profile photo of KenshinKenshin
    @kenshin

Where can I obtain Jenman’s Real Estate mistakes book?
    Thanks

What I learnt yesterday, I know better for tommorrow – Dean

Profile photo of KenshinKenshin
    @kenshin

I found the book so thanks anyway [:)]

What I learnt yesterday, I know better for tommorrow – Dean

Profile photo of jparriejparrie
    @jparrie

As someone who works in a Jenman Real Estate office, (at the coal face) basically I can say from experience that his business logic is totally flawed. I am slowly watching this office fall apart. His ideas are largely unproven and dangerous. His agents charge more, on the basis that they offer more, but this is simply untrue. Their “training” consists of attending seminars at which the same material is trotted out over and over again, year after year. It’s also unfortunate
    that his “ethics” stance does not extend to the staff that work under his dictatorial methodology. (Their response to any criticism is that we are just whingers, do what we say)

I think that he truly believes in the protection of property purchasers and yes, there are agents out there that would sell their own Granny, but not all agents are as black as he paints them.

Teabagted (above) said that “He did admit that the subscription to Neil Jenman’s ethics training system is very expensive”, bloody hell, you don’t know the half of it! He has the gall to bag franchises, but basically charges the same and offers very
    much less than all the major franchisers offer – like advertising their business. Ask Jenman about Profile and the answer is simple – “You don’t need it”. Utter, utter nonsense.

If they actually gave business owners training on how to properly run a business, perhaps the exorbitant fees could be justified, but they don’t and they can’t. Plenty more to write but I gotta go…

JP

Participant
    @aussierogue

hey jp – interesting post. so why is yr company a ‘jenman’ agent. just out of interest do the owners of your company really believe in the system or is it just another marketing tool to get in the masses!!

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Personally, I have no interest in Jenman Real Estate agents. I don’t like having to actually walk into their offices, and be ‘screened/qualified’ before I can even ‘window shop’. If a property I am looking at interests me, I will contact the agent. I also don’t believe it’s up to them to tell me whether or not I can buy a property.

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of pelicanpelican
    @pelican

Folks, lets take a few steps away here…..

Whilst I will not doubt his books usefulness, as I have yet to read them, isn’t it interesting that they seem to be a form of advertising for his agents and the franchises….

I mean, come on folks, can you honestly tell me he is REALLY helping people ??? He looks like he’s helping people, but the reality is, he’s helping himself……

It doesn’t take too much of a brain to figure his game out…….

I’m sure the Jenman occult memb…. oops I mean. um…. I’m sure the Jenman faithful will want to flame me for the above….. but, when you are sitting on ( reportedly ) $20million, and, you aren’t really helping the real “battlers” out there, then… sorry…. I don’t believe you……

Profile photo of jparriejparrie
    @jparrie

Hi Aussierogue

To be honest I don’t think the owner of the business I work for really knows why he is a member. There was this huge ‘dream’ of expanding the office and taking over the area in which we work, but exactly the opposite has happened, the processes that Jenman champions have been followed religiously but have failed miserably. But how was it ever supposed to work? We don’t advertise (Jenman’s answer is there is no need – clients come to us via the sign outside the property), so there is very little buyer enquiry, which according to Jenman is good – because any enquiry that we do get is supposedly good enquiry (or people that actually want to buy)- a dangerous assumption? (for the Vendor & agent)

So almost all of our outgoings are spent on Jenman promotional material and if you saw some of it you would laugh your socks off. The latest leaflets that we are supposed to deliver are an absolute cracker – by that I mean that they are staggeringly unbelievable in their naivety. I sometimes get the feeling that we are being used in some big Jenman experiment, just to see what does and doesn’t work.

The Jenman group doesn’t believe that a normal education (ie, a Degree) has any bearing on a persons ability to work in real estate. This may be true, but when the owner of a business has no education in running a business it shows. The real estate business is (or can be) a fantastic cash cow, if properly run.
    More later…

Participant
    @aussierogue

hey jp – tks your reply

its a very interesting discussion but im still gonna give jenman the benefit of the doubt and heres why.

– feeling like its some kind of experiment. the truth is that you probably are. not out of any sinister motive but yes i would think that the process of trying to achieve ethical standards in realestate is one huge experiment.

– with ref to pelicaninvestments who has a good point but i would argue this. lets just say that one day you decided that the industry you were in is rotten and that you felt the need to improve it, make the world a better place (jerry maguire, dead poets society, evry other feel good book, movie in the world) etc etc

you would need to realise the flwng things
    – the establishment aintr gonna like it so be prepared to be attacked form every angle.
    – you dont have the expertise to run a revolution so your work is gonna be a work in progress that needs to be changed, revised all the time.
    – when you do this your enemies will latch on this as you being false or whatever when the truth is all you are doing is trying to find your way / find a solution.

what we shouldnt do is
    – give jenman too much credit for being some kind of oracle. i hope he just an ordinary bloke trying to do some good and in the process he is making money. no complaints there.

– be too quick to condemn someone who is saying the things that if we are at all honest we already know. that bying realestete can be a mine field for the unanitiated.

when was the last time you stood up for something that you knew would be unpopular (because being popular sometimes aint being truthful) and what was the reaciton of those around you??

to sum up – i blve in the ideals of improving ethics in realestate. whether the jenman system is workable, legit etc im not sure but there is nothing else to hold your hat onto at the moment so im gonna run with it as being a good idea…

Profile photo of pelicanpelican
    @pelican

Aussierogue,

You have valid points there, but as they say…. which Mr. Jenman should remember….

Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones….

Jenman attacks way too many people without looking at the facts before he does….. sorry, but as I said…. if his system is supposed to be there to help people…. WHY ISN’T HE ???

All he’s doing is promoting his way of doing things, and charging fees for it…….

Profile photo of _se7en__se7en_
    @_se7en_

There needs to be more people like Jenman in the investment industry.

[edited by Brent.. Reason: lets keep it above the belt]

Jenman might go too far on some issues, but the investment industry needs someone to shine a spotlight on it. The goverment org. that regulates the investment industry is too slow to react to all the scammers out their, and it has been Jenman who has got the ball rolling.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.