All Topics / Help Needed! / ANY Suggestion

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of Kiwi-FullaKiwi-Fulla
    @kiwi-fulla

Hi all,
    I am getting so frustrated without any capital to onvest … so I am thinking of cashing in on my own property and getting the cashflow rolling in. Does anybody think this is a good or bad idea?

Cheers,
    Kiwi[8)]

Profile photo of FWFW
    @fw

Kiwi
    If you have enough equity to make it worthwhile selling your home (ie after commissions etc), why not refinanec it and get a line of credit against that equity? Then you could use that to start investing, and still have your home.

Keep smiling
    Felicity 8-)

Profile photo of Kiwi-FullaKiwi-Fulla
    @kiwi-fulla

Sounds good to me …. only thing is the bank will not release theother 20% that I would have normatlly been able to reinvest into the market…. does not sound much unless the 20% is on a 400K property.
    Cheers
    Kiwi[:D]

Profile photo of FWFW
    @fw

Talk to another bank!!

Keep smiling
    Felicity 8-)

Profile photo of robbrownrobbrown
    @robbrown

Hi Kiwi-Fulla,

I’m a CPA/ Mortgage Broker Ring me or email me, run it by me, if I can help you I will. Cost you nothing to find out.I’m in Sydney, It doesn’t matter where you are.
    [email protected] or 02-9790-6846

Regards

Rob Brown

Profile photo of lozza123lozza123
    @lozza123

Hi Kiwi,

What about getting a 90% mortgage, and then get the 10% deposit from one of those loan places… Not that I’ve ever investigated them, and I know some of them would be very high interest… but there are some in the newspapers that will lend you the money.

You could do a cash advance on a low-interest rate credit card maybe… I got a letter from Citibank yesterday offering me 6.9% for the first 6 months…

If you were wrapping the property, you could try to get a large-ish deposit, and that would offset most of the 10% you borrowed..?

Maybe the credit card thing is a bit risky for some
    Or maybe — borrow some from other investors or relatives, just to get you started?

Lozza [:)]

Profile photo of LarelleLarelle
    @larelle

Kiwi,
    If you sell you current propery you may be up for more costs, ie realestate fees, solicitor fees etc. I am thinking the reason that your bank is hanging on to that 20% is because maybe you have no morgage insurance in place. This may be worth asking your bank about, do the figures and see if it is worth it.
    CHEEERS
    Larelle

lj

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.