All Topics / General Property / Millionaire Apprentice Program Update

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

yack, you said:

“Actually if there are any dropout, I would love to know why! What were there experiences?”

I doubt you’ll hear from those ones. I tend to think most of these programs are fairly well stage-managed, and that there’s probably secrecy/non-disclosure clauses the MAP participants had to sign in relation to the program. I do love democracy :o)

I wonder if there were any MAPpers who were opposed to any of the strategies to become millionaire-controllers! I wonder if they thought that wrapping wasn’t win/win, did they then become a lose/loser in the program.

Welcome back AD- i hear you’re a very nice guy :)

kay henry

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

AD, how interesting –

“For now (to me) property doesn’t hold the key.”

!!! And this from the facilitator of the MAP programme, yeah? I must admit I’m surprised.

But then again, the whole ‘interest rates rise, people go off property en-masse’ thing *is* very predictable.

So on to the rest of you. Don’t jump down the MAPPERS’ throats with cynicism before they’ve had the chance to speak! It’s like you guys have already judged the outcome of the MAP. well, if you know-it-all already, why ask? And if you ask, be open…

This SSH, DD, MM, DTD stuff, why so negative, such a strong emotional response?

I’m actually fascinated. I mean, with discovering your guys *real* problem. I mean, when I think about the MAP, I don’t get any particular emotional response in my gut or anything. I can’t wait for the book.

But it seems like there’s two or three people here who think of the MAP and get ANGRY in their stomachs, or INDIGNANT, or something. And it makes you guys write the sort of posts you write. Because something is pushing your buttons. But what is it exactly?

And it’s just really interesting for me to try and figure out where that might be coming from.

Is it ‘Steve didn’t pick me for the MAP, so I hate them all?’
    ‘What makes them think that they’re better than us?’
    or perhaps, ‘I don’t think it’s possible, because i haven’t managed to do it. So I want them to fail, to validate my own failure’. Or ‘I haven’t been able to find a CF+ve property, and it’s Steve’s fault.’ or ‘the only way that can succeed is by trickery, because everyone successful is dishonest.’
    blah blah psychobabble whatever bah humbug.
    but WHAT is you guy’s *actual* problem with the MAP, Steve, life, or other? Talk to us….

Mini

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Mini- wow, you’ve hit the nail on the head!

For me, it’s:

‘Steve didn’t pick me for the MAP, so I hate them all’

‘What makes them think that they’re better than us?’

‘I don’t think it’s possible, because i haven’t managed to do it. So I want them to fail, to validate my own failure’

‘I haven’t been able to find a CF+ve property, and it’s Steve’s fault.’

‘the only way that can succeed is by trickery, because everyone successful is dishonest.’

Mini- before you mentioned these things, I didn’t know what I was feeling :o) But now you’ve named it, I can get therapy and heal!! hehe ;)

And is there a book coming out? Yay. I haven’t had my life changed in a while- it’ll be timely :)

kay henry

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

Hi Mini,

I’m wondering why people are so hostile to Steve as well… but I can’t figure out why. If the people on MAP succeed, all power to them… if some don’t, well, I guess they weren’t meant to. But if some do and some don’t I don’t see how Steve should be painted in a bad light. And I’m not just blindly sticking up for Steve, but there’s a lot of people who expect “someone” or “anyone” to lead them to riches, when a fair bit of the reason behind a person’s success has to come from the person themself. Obviously, we all know things like properties meeting the 11 second rule aren’t as easy to find or do as they once were, but that’s not necessarily anyone’s fault, is it? For mine, his book was more a story on how Steve and Dave did it, not necessarily a “follow these steps and you’ll be rich” type book… but that was just my interpretation.

For what it’s worth, I think some people enjoy seeing others fail, or hoping they’ll fail, because it makes them feel better about themselves, in that they might not be making progress as easily as they thought they would.

cheers
    r

Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964

I’m not sure Kay hard to tell in the written word, but was that sarcasm or a truthful awakening?

Regards Bear

@kay-henry

A truthful awakening, of course, Bear!

kay henry

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

I hope my questions are not interpreted as hostile. We all have a common interest/passion here in property investing. I hope you agree.

But an update would be good. Just be honest. If someone has dropped out, so be it. If opportunities are limited, so be it – we all have this experience.

Are the Mappers experiencing the same as everyone else. I would imagine they are. So please let us know so we can all share similar experiences like we do by reading and contributing to this forum.

Participant
    @richmond
    Participant
    @minimogul

here’s to the mappers not only succeeding, but living to tell the tale and writing a book about it. here’s to steve. here’s to them dropping in here now and again to tell us stuff. here’s to people understanding that ‘changing their lives’ is not compulsory – once you think all is as good as it gets, you are perfectly willing to rest on your laurels. here’s to everyone.

cheers,

Mini

*drinks*

Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964

The only mapper i know that puts anything into the forum is Wilandale. That doesnt mean others dont, i just dont know of any others.

Regards Bear

Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Hi Guys
    There is one Mapper in NZ at the moment.

I know, I met him this morning.

Good luck to him and I don’t mind helping him achieve his dream.

Regards

Profile photo of centraliancentralian
    Participant
    @centralian

I actually posted a similar question in HEADS UP…and didn’t get any real update..This program was made public when it was first started, it got everyones attention and now you cant get a boo out of them…makes you think…????

Participant
    @minimogul

I can understand if they don’t have time. This posting on the forums a lot can be rather time-consuming.

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

O.K. guys, here is some news at least.

There is a monthly Mappers meeting, in Melbourne.

The interstaters therefore have to make their way to Melbourne for the meeting each month.

At the meeting Steve isn’t really doing any talking.
    What basically happens is that the Mappers detail their experiences to each other.

I do believe there will be some stars amongst them. I cannot tell you any more than that as that is all the ‘fly on the wall’ was prepared to tell me. [;)]

One of them has done a fantastic deal, an unbelievable deal actually. I cannot go into details as I don’t think it is up to me to tell. I probably have already said too much at this stage.

Just be patient.

Pisces

Participant
    @richmond

Hi Pisces

Since it’s all about yield, can you give us a rough yield figure without all the other details? Don’t do a SIS and keep ALL the good stuff to yourself [:D]
    cheers
    r

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

Hey mini, Hope all is well.

As to facilitator I did attend a few MAP’s to try and encourage the crew but time pressures encroached and I had to step out. I don’t think I ever filled that job description…..(does sound good though[:)])

As to the leaving en masse thing I hope you didn’t mean me Mini. I think you know that I will always be active in some way with property. I have never been much of a crowd follower and don’t plan to start now. At present I have 22 properties and feel comfortable with that level. I will still buy properties if I see value and I am at present considering 5 more properties. When I said “hold the key” you misinterpreted so I should explain. [:I]
    When I started this journey to freedom I promised myself that I would try all three approaches to wealth creation (Property, shares and business) I am on to step three. I am currently starting up two small businesses and they require about 85% of my investing time so I cannot do property the way I like so I am very cautious not to lose money on deals. I also believe that the type of property I enjoy doing is not suited to the current market so I do not have the smorgasboard I did 2 years ago and therefore it was best time to try small business while the market was less favourable for what I love (N.B. less favourable not unfavourable). Hope that makes sense.

As to the mappers. They are wonderful people ….all of them….even the ones no longer with the group.[^] All of them have come to understand themselves and investing better as a result of Steve and Dave and each others influence. To me, that in and of itself is a measure of great success. The number of Zeroes are irrelevant as money is only one measure of growth and the one the world holds dear but we should not. Growth from challenging yourself comes at many better levels than just wealth. [:D]

I hope this makes sense Mini and all as I don’t want to mislead or offend. I was chatting with Steve last night and as I said to him….Life at present is wonderful. I have a wonderful wife, awesome kids and contentment with a life full of challenges. I have been blessed and am thank God for that. While my main focus may not be on property it is where it should be at present, I am sure of that and that is all I need. I hope to come here more often and chat if you will still have me. [:I]

I just hope these ramblings make sense and helps other people along the path we are all walking.

[:p]

Enjoy
    AD [:0)]
    (Andrew)

It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters in the end.

@kay-henry

Well AD, I think 22 properties is plenty! It’s more than I’ll ever have- you’ve done so well :) Are they all buy and hold AD?

kay henry

Profile photo of bcbc
    Participant
    @bc

I think there is some info in the lastest newsletter.

BC

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi all

wow what an interesting thread.

Mini you are once again so perceptive. It’s like some are hanging out to see others fail. i’m with you i’d love to see success. I’d love to see all of you do well. But Hey isn’t that why we are here to help and learn.
    It sounds for a few that the dream of financial freedom through property is starting to fall apart and you are looking for someone to blame. So you pick on Steve. Steve’s strategy still works. It worked in the past it works now and it will in the future. Sometimes the startegy is easy (like the year i started in 1997 till early this year), sometimes it is harder (like now in Australia). The problem is not with the stategy. The difficulty is making it happen right now. The funny thing is it’s when everyone stops looking for property as the way to financial freedom, suddenly it will become it again.
    I agree with AD, it’s good to have an understanding of all markets not just property.
    AD good to see you back here at PI.com. all the best with your new venture.

regards
    westan

I find +ve cashflow deals in New Zealand which I sell to other investors. To be on my database send an e-mail to [email protected]

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

Thanks Westan. And all but one are Buy and hold KH.that is a wrap.

Enjoy
    AD [:0)]
    (Andrew)

It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters in the end.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 61 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.