All Topics / General Property / property subdivision

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of jack2jack2
    @jack2

Hi

I am looking at a property to subdivide. existing home going cheap on a large block. who what and how do I talk to to make sure the prop can be subdivided and what pitfalls I need to avoid when doing this kind of investment.
    Any direction would be appreciated

regards

Jack

Profile photo of crjcrj
    Participant
    @crj

Start by talking with the planning department in the council the land is situated on what their requirements and what they permit and what their costs are.

Where are the services to the property eg wateer, sewerage, electricity. If the property is subdivided will this be a problem eg does the sewer connection run across the middle of the land to the existing house? Will services need to be extended to service the new block? Will driveways etc need to be relocated?

Profile photo of jack2jack2
    @jack2

thanks

Im going to see a planning consultant to get some professional assistance before I go head first.

Jack

Profile photo of davidfemiadavidfemia
    @davidfemia

Hi Jack,

You may also want to speak to a builder/developer. They will also let you know about the feasibilty of your plans.

David Femia
    http://www.femiapropertygroup.com.au

Profile photo of JCJC
    @jc

Hi Jack,
    I have recently been down that road of a proposed subdivision in Townsville with a deceased estate. The council planning office was the first port of call, which was very informative. They highlighted areas that the RE had no knowledge of; such as min small lot sub div had to be 350m2 ( 17x17mtrs) with a min of 2mtrs from current structure also the easement down the side of the current property had to be approx 3mtrs from bdry to current property etc. The planners could also produce the plans of the block on the computer showing details of all utilities, he told me there and then that the proposed property was too small to subdived. Disappointed yes….but better for the experience.[:D]
    cheers JC
    Oh one other thing that I learnt was that they are going to change the size of S/Div to 450m2 for up here. “For warned is for armed”.

Profile photo of jack2jack2
    @jack2

thanks all

I will go to the council this week and have a chat. then see what the outcome is. I will do this all before going ahead with an offer

Jack

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.