All Topics / Finance / Deposit %

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of bealesbeales
    Participant
    @beales

Hi there,

I am a new Kiwi property investor. Recent information I received from major lenders (banks) here in NZ is that as soon as I get more than three investment proerties, they class it as a busines and I can no longer access 90% financing. Instead they are telling me that they will only provide me with 60% financing.
    Any solutions? Any other Kiwi investors with ideas and solutions would also be appreciated.
    Cheers
    GB
    PS – My first ever posting![:)]

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Holy Cow. Your Kiwi banks are strict.[V]

Have you tried more than one bank? I would get in touch with a broker or two in NZ and ask them if that’s the policy from all lenders, or just the one you are talking to. If all your loans are with the one bank, perhaps you have hit your ‘limit’ with them, and it’s time to try a new bank for the next loan anyway?

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of PropertyGuruPropertyGuru
    Participant
    @propertyguru

Hi GB, Welcome to forum!

I know about Australian buyers can buy more than 3 property in NZ after putting just 20% so why not you? Better check with other banks also.

Cheers
    [:)]
    PropertyGuRu
    I want to be billionaire! [;)]

Profile photo of neologismneologism
    @neologism

your not looking at commercial are you?

NEO

NICE ONE BRUVA!! Nice One Bruv! nice one

http://members.cardomain.com/holdenboy

Profile photo of bealesbeales
    Participant
    @beales

Thanks for the responses… I will do some more research and let you know how I get on.

Cheeers

GB

Profile photo of bluecatbluecat
    Participant
    @bluecat

There probably is a time limit in terms of the time between the purchase of the three properties otherwise there would be quite a few property investment business – there is a similar criteria here but you have to making enough money to call it a business

cheers,
    bluecat

Do today what you want to do tomorrow

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.