All Topics / General Property / dangerous tree next door

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of happyjakhappyjak
    @happyjak

I have a house on the market which is built on the border to a block of land owned by the Lands Dept in NSW. A huge tree on the boundary (their land)has already lost some branches and cause minor damage to tiles on my roof. Most prospective purchasers are telling the agent the tree is a problem and it appears to be turning them off. I have spoken to the dept (comment was, yes, we’ve inspected the tree, if it fell the wrong way it’d go through your roof), written to them and no action. I intend writing again, so at least my concerns are documented, but all I want is action. Any advice?

Profile photo of Chris-SydChris-Syd
    Participant
    @chris-syd

I would get onto as soon as possible.

Did you see the one of the news a while ago where the council would not cut the tree down and in a storm it feel thru someones house and killed the owner while in bed? He had contacted the council 3 times and was at a council meeting and they still had not made a decision about it.

It was and unfortuanate problem with council not getting their finger out to get work done.

Chris

All post are IMHO.

Profile photo of happyjakhappyjak
    @happyjak

Thanks Chris. Yes, I’m thinking of taking photos as evidence and getting something done. No, I didn’t see the story and that is horrific. Fortunately, no-one is living in my property and I would be reluctant to put a tenant in if I kept it (it’s a brand new house) . I figure if I have done all I can and there is no action, I will just have to do it and hope to hell I don’t cop a fine!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.