All Topics / Finance / finance housekeeping,,your opinion plse.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of scruffy1837scruffy1837
    @scruffy1837

Hi all,
    As i’ve got to finance a property at the moment i’m taking time to think things through after reading many posts.
    currently i have my PPOR mortgage locked till April 04
    1 IP loan fixed till April2006
    and 1 loan to select for cf+ cost 53,000

Currently we have one account that my wifes big salary goes into,the big rent from the 1’st IP,the same account is used for my trading cap.so sometimes there’s 40k sitting there doing nothing for a while and also the new cf+ 110pw needs to park somewhere till repayment date,
    I think even though i can secure a loan for 6.57% interest only variable with no depostit,,,that maybe i should start a LOC on the cf+ linked to the account mentioned above and when in April the PPOR is unlocked throw that ontop of the LOC.
    At the same time ,quickly and briefly sell all my stocks ,clear the home mortgage down to whats deposits,and then redraw the money back into investments,,,,
    So in theory even though the interest rate on a LOC is higher the actual interest is lower,,,another thing i’ve seen is ,when for example there’s 40k parked in my account the interest for that period of time on the 53,000 would be less and therefore more cf+ for the week,,,while the 40k was parked there inbetween trades for example,,,
    Also understand that most investors will move a property out of the LOC to a stand alone at a later date depending on what their doing with the particular project,,,
    ok over to you ,
    Scruffy

Profile photo of Stuart WemyssStuart Wemyss
    @stuart-wemyss

Yes, good idea to get the $40k working for you. Perhaps a LOC may not be the right product. See http://www.prosolution.com.au/ps_docs/prosolution_doc121503_141401.pdf (the article is 1MB is size so may take a while to open)

In addition, I have another article about loan structuring being published in Feb/Mar issue of API magazine which may also be of interest.

Cheers

Stu

Profile photo of scruffy1837scruffy1837
    @scruffy1837

thanks Stu,
    Good read,
    got some homework from that ,
    thanks again,

Scruffy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.