All Topics / General Property / Definition of CF positive IP

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of Buzz LightyearBuzz Lightyear
    Participant
    @buzz-lightyear

What is the deposit assumption for +CF IP’s. By definition, with a significant enough deposit, any property can be +cf.

I have just purchased Steve’s book on-line (haven’t received it as yet), so this may be covered there.

James

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

James, I wouldn’t like to have to put more than 20% in to make the place cash positive. I would like it to be cash positive with 100% financing – that would be perfect.

Anywhere in between is a good bet, especially if you have cash deposit to start with.

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of PropertyGuruPropertyGuru
    Participant
    @propertyguru

James, I am agree with melbear according to me +ve should be on 100% financing + extra cost also should come from loan. So you can say 105% and then there should be around $20 come as +ve per week for 50-60k property.

Cheers
    [:)]
    PropertyGuRu
    I want to be billionaire! [;)]

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

if the property breaks even, i.e. when income is more than borrowing and holding costs.

You can also work out your cash on cash return, which is the amount of surplus cashflow per annum divided by your total cash (deposit, closing costs, etc) in the deal. this will vary depending on how much deposit you have in the deal.

cheers-
    mini

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.