All Topics / General Property / Foreign Investor Seeking to break into Market

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of terentedterented
    @terented

Hi,
    I have recently graduated from an australian uni but have decided to come back to my homeland in Singapore but have found that property investing opportunities here are not as abundent as in Aust.
    I am aware that a foreigner can only buy off the plan propety but what I would like to know is if there is any way by forming a company of some sort in australia that I am able to acquire property for investment as per a resident of Australia?
    Any enlightenment would be deeply appreciated. Thank you and God bless!

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

hi Terence and welcome to the forum.

i think you have been told the wrong info, i would think you can buy property in Australia.

can someone else answer this one?

regards westan

I find +ve cashflow deals in New Zealand which I sell to other investors. To be on my database send an e-mail to [email protected]

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

it doesn’t have to be off the plan – it has to be new and suitable for foreign investment. e.g. you can only sell 50% of the development to non-residents. We have just finished a triplex, so can only sell one of these to foreign persons for example.

Extensive list of new Perth property available for sale.

Alternatively, become a joint venture partner in one of our property development partnerships – contact me to find out why our developments are unique. John – 0419 198 856

Profile photo of terentedterented
    @terented

Thanx for the reply but would this still mean I can only buy newly built property and none from the resale market?
    What if I enter into a joint venture or a trust company to enter into a propety can I do so with another aust resident or this cannot be done?
    Please advice further. Thank you.

Profile photo of Michael RMichael R
    @michael-r

The following link provides access to information that should answer your questions.

http://www.firb.gov.au/content/default.asp

Profile photo of terentedterented
    @terented

Thanx for your help.
    Any further info would be glady accepted. Thank you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.