All Topics / Opinionated! / your opinion

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

what would be easier? Starting a new business as mail order OR starting a new business in a shop? (being a retail product everyone buys)

What kinda pitfalls can happen with mail order? Would the banking system be easier with mail order? And of course…..cost is a huge thing!! Mail order means saving money on renting a premises.

Any ideas on starting out?? Good or bad

Profile photo of bcbc
    Participant
    @bc

I am not sure if this is what you are after but, to do mail order you have to make it easier and cheaper than to go down to the shops and just buy it and have instant gratification.

To highlight this point, I have just purchased a new fishing reel via mail order, the price was good, the service was excellant, delivery very prompt and I couldnt get this reel locally without ordering it in (so I would have to wait anyway).

With internet banking and quick, cheap delivery of goods I am a fan of mail order.

Good luck

BC

Profile photo of aussierogueaussierogue
    Participant
    @aussierogue

hey pinky – mail order businesses are huge in canberra.

all types of products!!!

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Yes, and I think Pinky already has the retail background suitable!!!

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964

I think mail order thru the net is the way of the future. As long as its followed with prompt reliable service. I hate shops like most men i guess, and mail order i find it’s often cheaper and get it the next day.

Cheaper less time and fuel looking around when found on the net.

Question pinky, is it something mainly men would want? If so unless u setting up a auto parts store or hardware store i would think mail order the go.

Regards Bear

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

hi pinky

i reckon mail order and internet are the way to go, that way you can work the hours you want.

regards westan

I find +ve cashflow deals in New Zealand which I sell to other investors. To be on my database send an e-mail to [email protected]

Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

Pinky

The thing with mailout or web based selling is that people still have to be told about it and hence you have higher costs for advertising. High cost of paying rent for a shop is partially an advertising cost also as it generates walk by sales/traffic.

The web/mailorder gives you a much wider target market.

You have to think about how wil you distribute and warehouse your goods. How will people pay for them (or how do you get your money)and what are the costs associated with that.

Good luck I hope you are on to something.

CHeers
    LEigh K[:D]

Carve your own path and lead the way …

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

thanx for your replies……..and the idea I have is growing and hopefully will come to fuitition. (anyone want to invest in my company LOL)

As for “is it something men will want” YES!!!! but….its also something women want!! No matter tastes or preferences…..Ill have something for everyone!!

Adding internet advertising and all was a thing I hadnt quite got to thinking about. (told u I can be slow!! LOL)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.