All Topics / General Property / Positive Cashflow harder now….

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Profile photo of rodneybrianrodneybrian
    @rodneybrian

Having the interest rates as low as 5%, say, 5-10 years ago as opposed to 7% and up now would have made it a lot easier to find positive cashflow propertys. It is harder now to find such goldmine propertys which will provide positive cashflow than it was 5-10 years ago.

Just an opinion.[V]

Profile photo of renttobuy28758renttobuy28758
    @renttobuy28758

Your opinion is your reality! If that’s what you believe then that’s what you will find.
    I have a affirmation that goes like this- “There are fantastic, excellent real estate opportunities everywhere all the time”
    And I find them! But not all of them.
    In the same type of market as you.
    But I know it’s different right, and that was then, and if only I’d done this or that back then, well in a years time you’ll probably be saying there still aren’t cashflow properties.
    I know someone who bought 17 cashflow properties in 3mths last year in a market that everyone says you can’t and their right, they can’t but this guy did.
    Rodney I’d recommend you read mind power by John Kehoe and Money success and you by the same author and also Think and grow rich by Napoleon Hill bacause when you master your mind you’ll become rich beyond your wildest dreams.
    Good luck.
    Regards-TOBY

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

rodneybrian! Get out of that wheelchair and walk, young man! It’s all in your head! Believe you’ll walk and you will!

kay henry

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Hi Rodneybrian,

Yes you are right… I’m not saying that +ve cashflow properties are not around anymore, but they are few and far between – that is an understatement!!!

If you are just starting out, my advice to you would be to hold off perhaps until mid winter. I am betting that with any other interest rate rises coming our way, that a lot of people will be forced to sell, especially people who are operating from using a line of credit. I would not recommend anybody invest unless you have at least 20% deposit.

Just my opinion,[:o)]
    Good luck,

Del

Profile photo of peterppeterp
    @peterp
    Originally posted by rodneybrian:

Having the interest rates as low as 5%, say, 5-10 years ago as opposed to 7% and up now would have made it a lot easier to find positive cashflow propertys.

When were interest rates last at 5%? Certainly not 5-10 years ago. I think you’d have to go back to the 1950s & 60s to find those rates.

And even if you could have got those rates, back then banks were highly regulated and credit was tight (especially for investors).

The main factor that has made it harder to find positive cf in the last few years is that prices have risen more than rents.

Little to do with rising interest rates this time around.

However before that it would have been a concern. Properties bought around 1984-5 might have appreciated by 1989, but interest rates increasing from 13 to 17% could have made them negative cf.

Note though that inflation averaged 7-8% back then, so rent increases would have been easier than now and the capital owing would have devalued (in real terms) faster.

it would have made many positive properties bought in Nothing to do with interest rates.

>Just an opinion.

Always welcome, but even more so if backed by figures!

Regards, Peter

Profile photo of bluecatbluecat
    Participant
    @bluecat

Hi,

i got 5.19% two years ago but that was in honeymoon period

[:)]

cheers,
    bluecat

Do today what you want to do tomorrow

Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

Hi rodneybrian

I think the old adage teach a man to fish … you know the one, it really applies now more than ever and Steve has been trying to do that for a few years now, that is teach investors to find their deals. They aren’t being handed out anymore so now we need to fish.

My friend Del told about a great deal they just bought and I was most impressed as I always am when ever I speak to her, but it is out of the ordinary just as many people hear have started to say they are looking at other types of property and business to invest in.

While you can’t see them yet means the rest of us can get there first. rodneybrian it is time for you to have some fishing lessons.

Good luck my friend

CHeers
    Leigh K[:D]

Carve your own path and lead the way …

Profile photo of KratosaurusKratosaurus
    @kratosaurus

Positive Cashflow property has always been hard. I am yet to find one. I’m not calling the people who say they have found them liars, but they can’t be using the internet to search because I have searched top to bottom of both the bigh internet real estate web sites (www.realestate.com.au and http://www.domain.com.au) several times over the last few months and using the 11 second rule – there isn’t one to be found[8)][?][8)]

‘All I ask is the chance to prove that money can’t make me happy’

Profile photo of bluecatbluecat
    Participant
    @bluecat

Although the internet is fast – the best ones are taken by people on the books of real estate agents or by people who wander in and talk to them – they mostly don’t make it to the internet (not anymore)

cheers,
    bluecat

Do today what you want to do tomorrow

Profile photo of renttobuy28758renttobuy28758
    @renttobuy28758

This is becoming an amusing post.
    What ever your reality is in your head will become your reality in your life.
    If you listen to people who say it can’t be done and you look for reasons why you’ll find what your looking for.
    If you learn to harness your subconcious then it will tell you how to find what you want!!!
    I just put a house under contract 2 weeks ago for 20% under RV with a 12% yield. The property is 35min from the capital!
    If you don’t understand then read my first post I made.
    Why make it difficult? Do what others don’t, use mind power and you will have results like you won’t believe.
    Remeber that it’s so easy to do that most people won’t do it.
    Regards- TOBY

Profile photo of ScullyScully
    @scully

We found a property on realestate.com.au that fits the 11 second rule less than 4 months ago. They are out there.

Cheers,
    Karen[:D]

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

poor rodneybrian, it was his first post and he’s obviously run screaming from the room.

It’s so nice to hear other people are finding the all-elusive CF+ve properties, as I am, have been, and am continuing to (now for others as well.)

cheers-
    mini

Profile photo of rodneybrianrodneybrian
    @rodneybrian

It’s nice to have so many people being positive and encouraging positive thinking on my part, thankyou to everyone who has posted a reply, I now have my first positive cash flow property by the way…..

Profile photo of YorkerYorker
    @yorker

The best way to find positive cashflow properties is to create them yourself. By this I mean, add value to the property such that it indeed delivers a 10-11% return. This may mean renovating a property such that you can increase the rent.

Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

Yorker is right and also my opinion is to look at classy office suites. I am investing in commersial suites 50 – 110 sq/m and semi furnishing them plus offering short term rental options for a premium price and achieving 15% plus returns … [email protected]

“money doesnt stop it move from one medium to another” the secret of the RICH is to do the opposite to the poor [suave]

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

I see the bond market is factoring in interest rate decreases, the 3 year fixed rate decreased over the weekend. fun times we live in!

Extensive list of ‘Off The Plan’ property available for sale in Perth.

John – 0419 198 856

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.