All Topics / General Property / question -finding the dirt on prespective property

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of power_bizpower_biz
    @power_biz

[?]How do you go about finding out the nitty gritty on a property you wanta buy.
    Like the previous purchase price,council reno permits and alike, is it just a matter of enquiring through the council?????

ideas are good,
    action is great!

Profile photo of robertboydrobertboyd
    @robertboyd

Should contact the LPI – Land Property Information. I forgot the other name that they call themselves. It changes with each government change.

You can query (for a small fee) the history of the house/property. This includes past sale prices with dates, previous owners, mortgage, land dimensions, sewerage diagrams, approvals for renovations, and other information some people might find interesting.

Cheers

Robert Boyd

Profile photo of SatoSato
    @sato

Power_Biz I see you are from the Gold Coast – Try this one

Free Suburb Reports and Streets Sales History Reports for at least every street in QLD, are available from

gchl.com.auinvestor
    (A Gold Coast Loans Brokerage – where you do not have to get your loans off them but you have access to these reports for free)

You request the sales reports to come in a PDF file (Cannot change) or as a text file which you open into excel (I prefer text file as you get more infor and can sort data) and:
    *sort on street number or
    *sale date etc.
    *Good to know what houses have been selling for in the street (Has last 10years except the last three months),
    *what the current owners paid for it and what the name of the owners is,
    *can also tell how many rentals are in the street (current owners address is shown as somewhere other than the house you are looking at),
    *also it is interesting to see the number of interstate people who pay greater than market value (To far away to know true value).
    *Shows size of the block etc

Profile photo of SatoSato
    @sato

Slight amendment to the internet address:

My backslash before investor does not show on screen for some reason.

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school
    Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin
    Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school
    Profile photo of dvanedvane
    @dvane

Valuations in New Zealand might be another one to note:
    https://www.quotable.co.nz/

I’m sure there are others but I noticed the “QV” logo on some documentation from the bank once so I’m guessing they are reputable.

There seems to be a lot of information on the site, too.

Dave

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.