All Topics / General Property / If you bought this…

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 12 posts - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Profile photo of ActTodayActToday
    Participant
    @acttoday

A restaurant would be fantastic but Collie is more a meat pie at the pub kind of town. There are already halls for all events needed so you would probably be looking at someone who wanted it as a home. The costs of the reno could be kept to a reasonable level if it was kept open plan. You would need to get rid of one of the toilets and incorporate the other into a bathroom, create a kitchen, instal a mezanine and thats it. On the other hand, if you had some spare $’s you could do all this but make two b/rooms on the upper level add a bathroom/toilet and forget the bathroom down stairs but turn one toilet into a powder room. Not sure if sewerage is connected in this area so an upgraded septic tank may be needed. I would also render the outside if it was for me personally. I don’t think this is a viable purchase unles you wanted to live there yourself.

If I knew then what I know now……….you know how it goes

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

I think the idea of having a male and female toilet is a cute one ;O) I’d keep them both- perhaps as ensuites for the male and female bedrooms? :O)

what is a mezzanine floor folks? I’ve heard that word plenty of times, but only know what it means with regards to mezzanine financing.

Please explain?

kay henry

Profile photo of peterppeterp
    @peterp
    Originally posted by Pisces:

Royboy said : ‘ Most of Collie is for sale (good bargains if your looking for a ghost town).’

A cult like say a Rashnich type group (the people dressed in either orange or red) may be interested in setting up in town.

The Rajneeshees tried to set up outside Pemberton back in the 80s. Who can forget Baghwan with his 90 Rolls Royces & Ma Sheela who insulted Australians on 60 Min?

Collie’s population hovered around 7000 for years. Not sure what it is now. But Collie has about the coldest winter nights of any major town in WA!

As for use for churches, I saw one set up as a vaguely new-age health food shop. Other ideas include a general hall, health club, marriage reception centre, or art/craft gallery/shop.

Church consolidations don’t just happen in dying country towns. Around here the Uniting Church as gone from three churches to one. There seems to be much more interdenominationalism between the major Christian churches, which may lead to more sharing of resources (including buildings).

Faced with declining attendances and ageing parishes, I can see many more churches come up for sale in the next 10-20 years.

Regards, Peter

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Kay, a mezzanine floor is another floor level being created in the same space. If the ceiling is high enough then there is room for another level. So mezzanine means something like ‘in the middle’.

And here I thought you knew EVERYTHING. Shows you how wrong I sometimes can be [;)]

Pisces

@kay-henry

Pisces, I ask questions when I need to know something. Your subtle putdowns towards me are becoming tiresome.

kay henry

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

But I like you Kay. [:X]

Sorry Kay. I thought everyone is just kidding around a bit here.

I would have expected a response from you like : ‘Just goes to show you that I am fallible too’

Have a nice day.

Pisces[:X]

Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964

Kay

Pisces explained it pretty well. From what I have seen is they usually seem to be open space to. For instance the church im looking at that has already been converted into an executive type house has a mezzanine floor into one huge main bedroom. It has a banister upon the edge to stop u walking off but u can lean up against it and look down upon the whole house basically, and is closed off with curtains only.

I hope that helps Kay

Regards Bear

@kay-henry

It all sounds good :) I wish I were the more reno type, but alas, I am the disorganised type :o(

Thanks all for your info- and you too Pisces :)

kay henry

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Pretty sure this place was last used as a gym !

Collie’s population last i knew was around 9000, lots of property for sale, some locals leaving others building in another section of town ( selling thier fibro homes and building brick )

REDWING

“The man that thinks at 5o as he did when he was 20 has wasted 30 years of his life”

Profile photo of markjrmarkjr
    @markjr

You could fit it out as a bar and sell it! http://www.sydneypubguide.net/content/pubs/greenwood.asp
    It worked in North Sydney, though I dont know if it would in a country town[:)]

Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964

Im not sure u can compare the 2 churches. A church needs some old charactor i believe b4 it can be converted into a pub or so alike. Here in Adealide we even have a night club called The Church, and u guessed it, it was a church once in the city square that has been converted into a very popular nightclub.

Regards Bear

Originally posted by markjr:

You could fit it out as a bar and sell it! http://www.sydneypubguide.net/content/pubs/greenwood.asp
    It worked in North Sydney, though I dont know if it would in a country town[:)]

Profile photo of ScullyScully
    @scully

A church which had been converted into residential sold in Sydney recently for $800K. Quite nice, kept lots of original features (stained glass windows etc.) and had been converted warehouse style. Most other houses in that part of the street tend to sell for around $600K, so there definately must be some “originality” appeal for people.

Cheers,
    Karen[:D]

Viewing 12 posts - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.