All Topics / General Property / Impact of trust structure on finance

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of MarkyMarkMarkyMark
    @markymark

Hi,
    I was talking to somone the other day and they were saying that when applying for finance, if you are investing under a trust structure that the bank will charge aproximatly $200 to inspect the trust deed? Is that accurate? Will they charge you this every time I apply for finance?

He was also saying that if I have a trust with a corporate trustee the loan amount will be restricted to 90% plus the company will need 2 years trading history. Does any one know if this is correct?

Thanks,

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

None my clients has ever had to pay extra for getting a loan thru a trust, but I too, have heard of that (somewhere???).

Generally loans for trusts would be at about 90% LVR max-if a corporate trustee, if an indivdual trustee, then 95% LVR is possible.

You do not need 2 years trading history. You are able to get finance thru a new trust easily.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of MarkyMarkMarkyMark
    @markymark

Thanks Terry,
    Good to know about the LVR on the corporate trustee.

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Probably the $ 200 story came about because the solicitor acting for the lender may charge something extra to cover his time for needing to look at the deed.

I doubt however that they would charge $ 200 as basically they have been squeezed by the lenders so that they charge reasonable prices.

And I believe that generally they are very reasonable charges.

There is plenty of competition out there so they have to fall in line if they want the work.

I just looked up one solicitor’s charges and it indicates $ 150 + GST for additional documents.

I would think that for mainstream lenders you may be paying the solicitor probably about $ 100 + GST

However, if it is a tender point with you ask your broker to find out for you.

Pisces

Profile photo of MrIronmanMrIronman
    @mrironman

Hi all

Why does a corporate trustee affect the LVR? I don’t see anymore risk[?].

Regards

Mr Ironman

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

It doesn’t. However some lenders are not prepared to lend to a trustee company.

Pisces

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.