All Topics / General Property / Sydney acreage

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Profile photo of markpatricmarkpatric
    @markpatric

Guys just wondering what you would roughly pay for say a ten acre block say 25-30 klm from Sydney or Melb?.

Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

In Sydney the asking price is about $1 mil per acre.

Cheers
    Leigh K[:D]

Carve your own path and lead the way …

Profile photo of RugbyfanRugbyfan
    @rugbyfan

Are you talking about 25 – 30kms from CBD or from metropolitan area?

Leigh would be right for metro area but CBD – you would not find a block.

‘Eat rich food, barbeque a yuppie’

Profile photo of gmh454gmh454
    @gmh454

Ordinary 5 acre block in Glenhaven, (about 40 min drive on a Sunday morning from the Harbour bridge, )just went for $2,100,000. Others are more expensive depending on whether they come with a mansion. It also depends on your zoning, we are still zoned rural .
    (??????)

They will all be residential eventually just depends when.

Of course if someone wants to pay us $5,000,000 we will say okay. Hey if you can pay up in 60 days we will give it away for S4.50M

[:D][:D][:D]

@the-diy-dog-wash

There is land in Sydney that is 25 – 30kms from CBD that is rural and due to be rezoned res and is asking 1.1 per acre, I personally think that is cheap.

Then areas like Kenthurst, Dural, Glenhaven and Annangrove is 1.5 to 2 mil for 5 acrea zoned rural usually with a house on teh land. These areas are not likely to rezone for another 15 to 20 years according to a town planner at council.

Cheers

Profile photo of gmh454gmh454
    @gmh454

In Glenhaven we are having a lot of Sep 5s, and the last block with knockdown was $2.1M.
    Agree about the zoning though, I think it will be like the land south of Blacktown.

Profile photo of markpatricmarkpatric
    @markpatric

Are you guys serious?, I`m blown away, the reason I ask is I own ten acres approx 25 mins from Brisbane CBD and those prices you quote just confirm for me the obvious, I always felt it is way undervalued, the boom hasn`t affected the prices the way it has in the suburbs.
    My thinking has always been that it will get up near Sydney/Melb prices eventually and as I am where I want to be I don`t really care too much how long it takes.
    If it was worth even half the prices you pay in Sydney I would be an instant millionaire!!, happy, happy days![^].

@the-diy-dog-wash

MP

Are you plannin’ on sharin’ any of that good fortune around?[:p]

Cheers

Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964

Bear holds arm out and takes MP under his wing and says here mate have a beer with me and be my mate!!!!!!!!!! [^][;)]

@markpatric

Where I live is rural and not sub dividable at present as it`s hilly with a lot of creeks and waterways, but this also has many positives (views, privacy and no traffic for miles). We even have lyre birds living in our driveway!(private road).
    There have been whispers around this year the council may allow subdivision, although I have no intention whatsoever of cutting up my block for any price!, but as they say it`s “all good”. (touch wood).[8D]
    Bottom line for me, lifestyle and equity mate equity!.[^]

Profile photo of liverpoolharrykliverpoolharryk
    @liverpoolharryk

Markpatric,

Where about’s in Brissy are you, I am currently looking at acerage in the Chandler area east of CBD about 15 mins drive. Prices start at around $500k

@markpatric

I live in West Brisbane.
    Chandler is a good spot but only 15 mins to CBD, do you know this for a fact?, good spot though.
    Different to where I live, Tarzan would be completely at home swingin` in the trees in my backyard.
    Ya kin almos ear the banjos in dem dar hills!.[8)][8)]

Profile photo of callumcallum
    Participant
    @callum

Acreages south west of Sydney are not yet as expensive it seems as acreages north of Sydney.

Friends at Menangle Park recently sold 2 acres for $1.4M. Developer hoping for future change in zoning from rural to residential which has been rumoured for some time.

Acreages around Camden, Campbelltown (Kentlyn), Picton,
    Bargo etc are selling for more like $500,000 per acre. Seems better value for money than north of Sydney. North side prices will probably flow on to these areas though as they have with residential.

Maybe it’s an undiscovered area as yet (or has been until now!)

Cheers!

Callum

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.