All Topics / Forum Frolic / Train arrives in DARWIN

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of jancrowsjancrows
    @jancrows

Hi
    Big event up here in the NT. The train – Ghan – Arrived – [^] today in Darwin.
    I wonder how many investment properties were bought enroute !![;)]
    Let me know what you bought on the journey

[?]

Regards

“Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail” Ralph Waldo Emerson

Profile photo of jancrowsjancrows
    @jancrows

Hi Folk
    I sure thought some folk would have had some imagination
    [:o)][:D]

Like some spinafex thratch roof railway cottages or even what train ??
    Many people actually missed the trains arrival in Darwin outer area………apparently it snuck in a couple hours early to pick up the Prime Minister, SA Premier & our Chief Minister……….[V]

[^]

Regards

“Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail” Ralph Waldo Emerson

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

I didn’t think it was carrying passengers at all – wasn’t it a freight train?

They said they expected quite a crowd to welcome it in though – did that not happen?

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of jancrowsjancrows
    @jancrows

Melbear
    Yes it was the “Freight Train”. Passenger Train apparently in a couple of weeks.
    [:D] ( Good Point) But ey up here its a “train” and that is big deal…( I failed my “L” plates theory test in 19?? cos I didnt know what to do at a rail crossing ) [:p]
    Apparently they ran out of BBQ food in Tennant Creek – not expecting such crowds…
    But folk went remotely with their NT Eskies setting up chairs etc to get a glimpse and missed the whole thing.
    Which I think is real sad for the kids.
    ( They banned alchohol & eskies at the Port…only to the gracous ones a permit…..??)

Regards

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Bummer. I wonder how long some of them would have sat waiting before realising they had missed it? Don’t think I would have been too happy.[:(!]

Although on telly it looked like it was a looooooooooooooooong train.

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of Matt PMatt P
    @matt-p

how long was it mel [:p] hahah

that would be bad if u sat there for like an hour, waiting for the train and it didn’t even come [?]

Cheers Matt

“If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.”

“Isn’t it time for a change?”

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.