All Topics / General Property / Commercial Property

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of Lawry73Lawry73
    @lawry73

The general feeling about the Aussie economy is high up there.
    Are there investors here who are looking at small business retail properties?

Any tips?

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

tip: be careful. Drove past a post office in a decent location last night. My girlfriend tells me it has been vacant for 3 years. brings a tear to the eyes!

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Yes, good idea Lawry.

However in order to spread the risk one would reall need to have either several other shops and/or income
    just in case the shop cannot be filled immediately.

Ausprop, like to tell us about the postoffice in a decent location ?

Very few properties are unrentable.

Generally it isn’t difficult to find a tenant for a shop, just do not rely on the one estate agent.

More than just the one way to prospect is needed. That is, advertise yourself as well and go and have a casual chat to each shopkeeper in the shopping centre.

Pisces

Profile photo of peterppeterp
    @peterp

Pisces133 wrote:

‘Very few properties are unrentable.’

The thing that amazes me is the number of retail properties that just sit there vacant, for years if not months. And there’s not even a ‘to let’ sign in the window of the now derelict property or signs of renovation activity.

The owners must be happy to tolerate the year in year out negative cashflow in the hope of capital gain.

The most just thing would be for another investor to come along, buy it from the owner cheaply and rent the property out.

Regards, Peter

Keymaster
    @piadmin

According to some people that would be taking advantage of the owner. [:D]

Pisces133

Keymaster
    @piadmin

>>The thing that amazes me is the number of retail properties that just sit there vacant, for years if not months.<<

I would think that in many such cases the owners are elderly people not up to the effort needed to look after their business.

Pisces133

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.