All Topics / Heads Up! / Steve, please help?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of JacktarJacktar
    @jacktar

Steve,
    I just purchased your ‘Buyer Beware’ package and I would like to say that it is fantastic.

However, I refer to the answers for the Cairns Beach Resort case study and I am stuck as to how you worked out the repayments per week for the loan? I sat here for about an hour and tried to work it out about several different ways but to no avail. Could you please help me?

I would also like to point out that in the booklet in your answers for the first case study ‘123 Ajax St, Smithville’, that I think you may have miscalculated the Total Annual Mortgage and Interest Repayments. If you multiply the $62.54 by 52 then the answer I ended up with is $3252.08 whereas your total was 3252.21 which would be a weekly repayment of $62.5425.

I know it is only just a silly little issue, however I thought I would let you know in case you wanted to know, or on the other hand I could be just completely mathematically illiterate and should go and bury my head in the sand for a few weeks.

I think you are a genius, including Dave and I have thoroughly enjoyed your book and everything else I have bought from you.

Jacktar[^]

Profile photo of JacktarJacktar
    @jacktar

Steve,
    Are you on holidays Steve or is it a silly question with an obvious answer?

Jack

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Jacktar,

Did you work out your repayments in advance or in arrears?

I havent got my financial calculator handy, but I reckon that is where the difference lies….

Cairns Beach Resort is a tricky case study, but the sums are not so important if they add up 100% (which I’m sure they do), it is the message behind it..

Good luck,

Del

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.